Prologue

Erin marked off the final day of camp with a red pen. It was the 90th day, and school was just around the corner. She wasn't keen on spending another moment with the flowerscouts, and she would rather die than spend another summer here. Still, she knew she had no choice but to return next year.

"Seriously, Erin?" Sasha huffed, clearly frustrated. Normally she wouldn't hold back on saying things bluntly, but today was different. "Why did you bother keeping that calendar?" She shouted, rolling her eyes. "Ms. Priss already tells us when the last week of camp is. Besides, carrying around a calendar makes you look like a..." she trialed off, leaving the thought unfinished.

Meanwhile, Tabii was busy trying on new sunglasses, giggling to herself as she admired her reflection in the desk mirror. Erin couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy, as Tabii seemed free of all worries (for now, at least).

Sasha interrupted Erin, pulling her out of her thoughts as her voice dripped with irritation. "I told you, Erin, I'm not worried about Melody," she snapped. "We all know she's a nobody and a total loser." Sasha clutched the handle of her small suitcase, the expensive-looking salmon and white case made from high-quality materials rather than cheap plastic.

Erin shot back, annoyance clear in her tone. "We get it, Sasha," she retorted. "You're obsessed with being above everyone else. That's your problem, not anyone else's." As Erin spoke, Sasha gasped in surprise. "Maybe you should have kept those mis-matched eyes covered," Sasha raised her voice, her words laced with venom. "It looks like you couldn't decide which contacts to wear, for fu-"

"Girls!"
Ms. Priss, their garden mother, called out from outside the cabin, her voice cutting through the argument inside.