Things have changed for me

Dylan was treading water in this town. Her whole life was here. Her job, friends, home, and boyfriend.
Dylan hadn't even gone to get her college degree. Her boyfriend, Owen, had talked Dylan into not going. She,instead got a job at Owens Father's Hardware Store.
Owen also worked there. So Dylan and Owen worked together and lived together. Dylan wanted more than this life. There was nothing wrong with this life, but it wasn't what she wanted. Her and Owen were childhood sweethearts. They met in middle school and started dating freshman year of high school. Owen was the football star in high school. He was popular, which made Dylan popular by association.
Dylan never really cared for it. The girls who dated the football team were so bitchy and fake. They looked down on anybody who wasn't either dating a school sports star or was a cheerleader.
Dylan socialised outside of that group anyway. Her 2 best friends, Betty and Augustine, were who she hung out with. Owen didn't like it because they weren't in the 'in crowd.' Dylan didn't care. Owen was trying to make Dylan into someone she wasn't. He wanted her to wear fake nails, makeup, and cute little dresses that the other girls wore.
Dylan preferred converse and skinny jeans. She had long copper coloured hair that was in waves down her back. She had big blue eyes, like her mother. Dylans mother had raised her and her brother Nico on her own. Dylans father was in prison for murdering a girl about Dylans age, 21.
Owen was all that Dylan had known in the shape of a boyfriend. That was changing, though, because Dylan could see cracks in the foundations of their relationship. Owen was pissing Dylan off a lot lately with a lot of the things he said and how he tried to tell Dylan what to do.
Betty and Augustine had gone away to college. Dylan had been accepted to the same college as both of them. In California. Dylan wanted to be a grade school teacher.

Dylan got out of her car. It was pouring with rain in West Chester, Philadelphia. She had left work for the day. Owen was still there.
Dylan went onto her laptop and carried on writing an email to try and get another place at college. She really wanted a teaching degree. She knows the fight it will cause with Owen, but Dylan couldn't ignore the flame inside of her. The burning feeling of passion she had for her vocation.
After sending the email, Dylan turned some music on. A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco. That was another thing that Owen didn't approve of. Dylans music taste. She had been an emo all through her teen years. She still listened to the bands from then. Dylan went to the warped tour. She had seen many of her favourite bands play, including panic.
Dylan started to prepare dinner as Camisado played. She started to rock out as Owen walked through the door.
"Not this shit again!"He said. "Alexa, stop!"
Dylan sighed and said "Alexa play!" Dylan was having a great time whilst she cooked dinner. Owen stormed into the kitchen. Dylan stepped back a little as he did so.
"You need to grow the fuck up and stop listening to this shit!" Owen said, his brown eyes wide. He walked away and went for a shower. He turned the shower on and didn't know what to do about Dylan. Owen stepped into the shower and shampooed his black hair. Dylan just wasn't falling into line. Owen wanted his girlfriend to be a proper woman. He wanted her as his wife and expected her to have at least 4 boys to take over the family business. The more he spoke to Dylan, the further she seemed to be away from him.
Owen decided that he would have to make Dylan get into line. He would do whatever it took to make it happen as well.
"WHEN I SAY SHOTGUN, YOU SAY WEDDING! SHOTGUN WEDDING SHOTGUN WEDDING!" Dylan was shouting out as she danced, waiting for the pasta to cook.
Owen had finished his shower. He came downstairs and grabbed hold of Dylan.
"Listen to me. You will fall into line, Dylan. Starting from now, I will decide what clothes you wear, what music you listen to, and what tv you watch. The only books you will read will be pre approved by me." Dylan just stood with her mouth hanging open.
Finally, she spoke.
"And what if I don't 'fall into line'?"
"Then there will be consequences." Owen replied. Dylan rolled her eyes. She thought Owen was turning away. She felt a stinging sensation on her right cheek. It was then that Dylan realised that Owen had struck her across the face.
"That was a warning slap!" Dylan walked away to dish dinner up. She didn't eat any. She served Owen and went upstairs and laid down. Dylan was in a state of shock. Owen followed her and marched towards the bed. He grabbed Dylan by her hair.
"What the fuck are you doing? Get downstairs and eat dinner with me!"
"I am not hungry."Dylan said.
"I don't care! Move!" Owen pushed Dylan towards the stairs.
They both descended, and Owen marched Dylan into the kitchen and forced her to plate some food up for herself. She did a small portion. Owen was trying to make her get more, but she wouldn't.
They both sat at the dining table. Owen ate his food. Dylan pushed hers around the plate. Owen observed Dylan. After he finished, he stood up and grabbed hold of Dylan by the chin. He started to shovel food into her mouth.
"Swallow it." He said. Dylan had tears in her eyes. She didn't want it. Dylan knew that she would vomit it all back up. Owen was determined to win this fight. He would make her eat. He wanted her strong for the boys she would carry.
Owen stopped shoving food in. Dylan ran to the downstairs bathroom and just made it, bringing everything back up into the toilet bowl.