2024 FORD Escape Wipers and Washers Guide

In 2024, Ford's Escape remains a shining example of innovation and dependability in the SUV market, flawlessly merging cutting-edge technology with timeless style. Among its many functions, the wiper and washer system exemplifies Ford's dedication to improving driver safety and convenience. The Escape's wipers, designed with precision and tuned for best performance, provide crystal-clear view even in the most terrible weather situations, flawlessly adjusting to different levels of rainfall with intuitive sensitivity. When combined with superior washer capability, the system efficiently clears away debris and grime, ensuring a spotless windscreen for uninterrupted driving experiences. Whether negotiating busy metropolitan streets or straying off the usual road, the Escape's wipers and washers demonstrate Ford's unwavering commitment to raising the driving experience to new heights of excellence.

Front Windshield Wipers

Wiper Control Lever

Location: Located on the right side of the steering column.Operation: Move the lever up or down to select different wiper speeds and functions:OFF: Wipers are off.INT (Intermittent): Wipers operate at intermittent intervals. Use the adjustable dial on the lever to control the frequency.LO (Low Speed): Wipers operate at a low continuous speed.HI (High Speed): Wipers operate at a high continuous speed.

Automatic Rain-Sensing Wipers

Activation: When the wiper lever is in the "AUTO" position, the rain-sensing system automatically adjusts the wiper speed based on the amount of rain detected on the windshield.Sensitivity Adjustment: Adjust the sensitivity of the rain-sensing feature using the dial on the wiper control lever. Higher sensitivity allows the wipers to activate more quickly with less rain.

Mist Function

Operation: Pull the lever towards you for a single swipe of the wipers. This is useful for clearing a light mist or dirt from the windshield.Front Windshield Washer System

Washer Activation

Operation: Pull the wiper control lever towards you and hold it to activate the front windshield washer. The wipers will automatically make a few swipes after the washer spray to clear the windshield.

Washer Fluid Reservoir

Location: The washer fluid reservoir is located under the hood, usually near the front fender on the passenger side.Capacity: Check your vehicle's manual for the specific capacity, typically around 4 liters (1.05 gallons).Filling: Use only approved washer fluid to avoid damage to the washer system. Refill the reservoir when the fluid is low.Rear Windshield Wipers and Washers

Rear Wiper Control

Location: The rear wiper control is integrated into the same lever as the front wipers.Operation: Twist the end of the wiper lever to control the rear wiper:OFF: Rear wiper is off.INT: Rear wiper operates at intermittent intervals.ON: Rear wiper operates continuously.

Rear Washer Activation

Operation: Push the wiper control lever away from you to activate the rear windshield washer. The wiper will automatically make several swipes after the washer spray to clear the rear windshield.Maintenance Tips for Wipers and Washers

Inspect Wiper Blades Regularly

Check for Wear: Inspect the wiper blades for cracks, tears, or other signs of wear. Replace the blades if they are not clearing the windshield effectively.Cleaning Blades: Use a soft cloth and a mild detergent to clean the wiper blades regularly. This helps remove dirt and debris that can reduce performance.

Check Washer Fluid Level

Regularly Refill: Check the washer fluid level at least once a month or before long trips. Refill with the correct washer fluid to ensure proper cleaning performance.

Clear Blocked Nozzles

Check for Obstructions: If the washer jets are not spraying correctly, they may be blocked by dirt or debris. Clean them with a pin or needle to remove any obstruction.Adjust Spray Direction: Ensure the washer jets are aimed correctly at the windshield. Adjust if necessary using a small tool.

Replace Wiper Blades Annually

Replacement Schedule: Replace the wiper blades at least once a year, or sooner if they show signs of damage or reduced effectiveness.Troubleshooting Wipers and Washers

Wipers Not Working

Check Fuse: If the wipers are not working, check the fuse related to the wiper system in the fuse box. Replace the fuse if it is blown.Inspect Motor: If the fuse is intact, the wiper motor or switch may be faulty. Consult a qualified technician for further inspection.

Washer Fluid Not Spraying

Low Fluid Level: Ensure the washer fluid reservoir is filled.Blocked Nozzles: Check the washer nozzles for blockages and clear any debris.Faulty Pump: If the washer pump is not working, have it inspected and replaced by a qualified technician if necessary.

Streaking or Smearing on Windshield

Dirty or Worn Blades: Clean or replace the wiper blades.Contaminated Windshield: Clean the windshield with a glass cleaner to remove any wax or oil residue.FAQs

Q: How do I activate the rain-sensing wipers on my 2024 FORD Escape?
A: To activate the rain-sensing wipers, set the wiper control lever to the "AUTO" position. Adjust the sensitivity using the dial on the lever.

Q: What type of washer fluid should I use for my 2024 FORD Escape?
A: Use a windshield washer fluid that is designed for automotive use. Do not use water or other liquids that could freeze in cold weather.

Q: How often should I replace my wiper blades?
A: Replace your wiper blades at least once a year, or more frequently if they show signs of wear, such as streaking or skipping.

Q: Why are my windshield wipers making a squeaking noise?
A: Squeaking noise may occur due to dirt or debris on the windshield or wiper blades. Clean both to eliminate the noise. If the noise persists, the wiper blades may be worn and need replacement.

Q: How do I refill the windshield washer fluid?
A: Locate the washer fluid reservoir under the hood, open the cap, and pour the washer fluid until it reaches the fill line.

By understanding and maintaining the wipers and washers of your 2024 FORD Escape, you can ensure clear visibility in all weather conditions, contributing to safer driving.