Chapter 29: The Revenge Team.

Maia: Has a hundred years passed already?

Azran: What?

Maia: If I'm human again, it must be.

Esther: Human?

Maia: Who are you people?

Azran: Who are you?

Maia: The former queen of Egypt, Maia.

Azran: [Eyes widen with shock]

Time passed, and Maia had explained her story to Azran and his team. Unfortunately, Azran slept through it, and he's snoring. Esther punched him to wake him up.

Azran: Huh? What happened?

Esther: You're so insensitive.

Azran: Look, before you go on and hit me, I was listening to everything. I wasn't interested, really.

Maia: "Interested?"

Azran: Three days, that's all you have to go back to Egypt, break the curse, and get your kingdom. Honestly, I would've done it in just one night. You're pathetic.

Maia: [Gasps]

Azran: [Yawns] Anyway, I'm off to sleep, I'm tired.

He got up and climbed on a tree to sleep on the tree branch.

Maia: What's wrong with him?

Karin: Azran is just like that, don't mind him.

Tanya: What are you planning on doing?

Maia: Just enjoy the three days and... wait till I turn again.

Karin: Aren't you willing to fight for your world, your people, and yourself?

Maia: There's no point in fighting, 600 years ago, I attempted to infiltrate the kingdom to get my throne back and break the curse, but... I wasn't strong enough, and I couldn't even see Khafre.

Esther: 600 years? He must be dead by now.

Maia: After my curse and fall from the throne, I heard Khafre was granted a wish to be immortal and rule Egypt forever.

Esther: [Dismal expression] And they left you alone to live your immortality cursed. It's so sad.

Maia: It's okay.

Esther approached Azran, who was still lounging on the tree branch, his eyes closed.

Esther: Azran, wake up. [Her voice gentle but insistent]

Azran groggily opened one eye, then the other. "

Azran: What now?

"I want to talk to you about Maia," Esther said, her expression serious.

Azran: [Sighed, sitting up] What about her?

"We should help her," Esther said, her eyes sparkling with conviction.

Azran raised an eyebrow.

Azran: Why?

Esther: Because she's been cursed for centuries, and she deserves a chance to break free.

Azran: Not our problem.

Esther's face fell, but she persisted.

Esther: Think about it, Azran. We've been wandering these lands for years, taking on odd jobs and living day to day. This could be our chance to make a real difference.

Azran's expression remained skeptical.

Azran: And what's in it for us?

Esther's smile faltered, but she pressed on.