-13-

"I uh-.." Jeongin stammered. "shit.." he whispered underneath his breath.

"Hey." Hyunjin said, his tone softening as he picked up Jeongins chin. "You can stay with me." Hyunjin flashed Jeongin a pair of concerned eyes. Hyunjin didn't really process what he said before Jeongin muttered "o-okay.." 

______________________________________

Hyunjin knew something was up with Jeongin. He would've never said yes to this in the first place- but now he was approaching his apartment with a sleepy Jeongin in the back of his car, trying to keep his eyes open.

"We're here, idiot" Hyunjin said, slamming the car door.

Jeongin murmured as he sat up, holding his backpack in his arms. It was all that he had.

________________________________

As they walked down the empty hallways, Jeongin observed everything.

"Yah, over here." Hyunjin whisper-yelled. It was around 10pm, so they had to be quiet for the other.

Jeongin quietly rushed over to Hyunjin who was holding the door for him. He mouthed 'Thanks hyung' before stepping inside. He was a bro at being quiet because of the amount of times he'd snuck out of the SOM building late at night. 

"That's all you brought?" Hyunjin asked as he shut the door.

"Yes."

"Okay..." Hyunjin said, side eyeing Jeongin. Right then and there- Jeongin wanted to die.

"I'm going to take a shower. You can make yourself at home I guess..." Hyunjin replied rudely (or at least he tried to come off as).

Jeongin placed himself on Hyunjin's couch, observing the scene. Coffee mugs everywhere-- melted wax dripped on the floor-- but it seemed weirdly organized. Then--- his eyes landed on something he'd thought they'd never. His old books.

Jeongin got up and grabbed one of his books, flipping through the pages. To his surprise, everything was still the way he left it. He sat there, mesmerized by his old studies that he didn't even notice a half naked Hyunjin who'd been watching him.

"You're still into that stuff?" Hyunjin blurted, toweling his long black silky hair, He let out a small scoff before murmuring "nerd."

"Am not." Jeongin shot back, before realizing that Hyunjin had no shirt on. "What the-?! Go put on a shirt Goddamnit!" Jeongin yelled, covering his eyes. Before he could fully process what'd just happened, he felt a finger on his lips. 

"Shh," Hyunjin whispered. Right. He wasn't allowed to make noise past 10pm.

"Sorry."

"Go take a shower, will you?" Hyunjin said, yanking Jeongin off of the floor on which he sat, the three books scattered beneath him. As soon as Jeongin closed the bathroom door, Hyunjin hid the books. He didn't want Jeongin to know that he read what he wrote in them every night before he attempted to sleep. It was embarrassing. 

Hyunjin ran his fingers through his hair. Jeongin is acting weird. He thought. Suddenly, the image of Innie came into his mind as he thought of all the similarities. Was Innie.. Jeongin? Couldn't be. Jeongin was a loser. A cute loser. God, why was he like this?

He had the suspicion in mind and all he needed now was confirmations.

Hyunjin found himself digging through Jeongin's bag. 

All were normal things, clothes, clothes and more clothes. Pens, pencils, stationary and books-- wait-books?

Hyunjin pulled a white notebook out of Jeongin's bag. It seemed basic and had no markings on the outside.