4 - Cause

I woke up in the morning to find myself still in the resort room. "Did it work?" I ask to myself. "What did?" I heard a familiar voice from beside me. It's Yuuki. "Yuuki, do you remember? About last night?" She looks at me, confused. "Of course i remember. How can i not?" I see... so she really remembered. "Thank goodness..." "About what?" "Nothing. It's just... yeah." I feel so refreshed this morning. Maybe because i always fear the reset thing, i can't sleep that well. "You're so weird Mutsuki. Anyway, breakfast ready." "Okay. You go on first, i'll be with you soon." She left the room as i fold my futon. Okay, I'll make my way as soon as I'm done here. "You look happy." An unfamiliar voice came from behind me. I turn back to see a man with a long coat and a top hat standing behind me. "Who are you?" "Me? I'm the one who grant your wish." "What?" Grant my wish? Does that mean... "You're the one who sent me here?" "You are half correct. I am the one who maintain and oversee you in this world. I am a system you created. Although i do take part in your transfer to this world." "Is that so?" "You seem to be enjoying whatever you're in right now." "That's because i've broke free from your damn cycle!" "But is it not your wish to live in a world like that? A never ending loop of happiness?" "That's..." It's true... that is my wish... "I'm such an idiot..." "Good. You've realized your mistake. But... you are too late." "What do you mean?" "What you did yesterday has disrupted the flow. In other word, the system had collapsed, and this world will meet it's end. Without the system to support it, this world cannot be maintained." "But why?!" I shouted my question angrily at him. "You should be able to maintain it right?! You're the one who sent me here!" "That is not true." What...? "The one who made this world is none other than you. I'm just controlling the flow of time, so it would be reset to the beginning. And also you transported here on your own. I'm just guiding you so you won't get lost." "That's absurd! I can't do that! I am no god! So how do i make this whole world?! And i'm going through the dimension by myself? That's ridiculous! Are you trying to trick me?!" "Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, but remember this. The night of the last day of summer shall be your last day here." The last day of summer... is the end? No more loop? Literally the end? "Can i... meet Yuuki again?" The man just hangs his head. "I am afraid not. She is but a figment of this world. An illusion you make." So that means... "I am afraid my time is up." The man took off his top hat and put it on his chest. "I pray that you at least make a memorable memory with the one you love." "Wait! Where are you going! I still have some question for you!" "When the time come, we will meet again." He bows his head to me. "May luck be with you." And just like that, he faded away. Like he just blends in with the background. "... The hell..." As i stood there confused and shocked by everything that just happened, i heard a sound from the other side of the door. "Mutsuki, what's holding you? The food is going to get cold you know!" "Yeah... sure." I slide open the door and i see Yuuki standing there, looking at me worriedly. "You okay? You don't look so good." "Huh? Ah it's nothing. I'm just thinking that this situation feels like we're on honeymoon or something." I smiled at her trying to cover it up. "W-What are you saying?! Stupid Mutsuki!" She blushed from ear to ear. I smiled at her. I gently put my hands on her shoulder, and hugs her gently. "I love you Yuuki. I really do." I can feel her tense up for a moment and then slowly relax her body. "Yes. I love you too." She then hugs me back. "Yuuki..." "Mutsuki..." Our face naturally drawn to each other, closing the distance between us and just like it's the most natural thing, our lips meet. After a few seconds our lips parts. I thought my cheek was on fire. I looked at her and she is the same, blushing furiously. "C-Come on! The food will get cold!" She said stuttering. "Okay, okay." We walk side by side to the dining hall, our fingers intertwined, seeking each other warmth. "I swear i'll never let you go." "Mm." "What, no comeback?" "S-Shut up!" We laugh as we go to the dining room. In my heart swearing, that i won't let her be just an illusion.
-------------------------