CHAPTER 3

Niall’s POV

Oh sunshine! I watched every step I make as I walk towards our university’s gate. I startled when saw her entering the gate. I knew for sure that she also noticed me however she pretends she hasn’t  Am I just assuming? What made me say this is that she changed her route and not take the usual ones we do. Is she avoiding me? I just thought that maybe this was the payment for my actions yesterday.

I entered the room and heard someone calling out my name.

“Niall!” he gestured that there are still vacant seats next to him.

“Thanks, mate!” I said to a quiff-haired guy who’s wearing a gray varsity jacket. It was Zayn, my ever trusted buddy. He’s the only one other than Laura who knew that I like her a lot.

“Whoa. You’re studying? That was a bit unusual of you.” I teased. He’s one of the rebels of our batch. You can hardly see him inside the classroom. He would rather be alone and take a stick of cigarette than listen to our 65-year old professor.

“We have a scheduled long exam today. Have you forgotten?”

My eyes widened as he reminded me.  Oh crap! I almost forgot. I hurriedly look for my notes inside my backpack and Zayn keep laughing very hard because I was all panicking at the moment.

I scanned my notes and heard the door opens. It was Laura. I pretend that I was busy studying which I was really supposed to be doing at this time.

“This was luck!” I smiled like crazy in my seat as I mumbled these words. I survey the classroom and see no other seat but the only ones beside me.   But I was wrong. She left the room and I honestly don’t know where she is up to.

After a minute, she is back with a chair with her. From where did she got this? I don’t know.

I stood on my seat and will try to help her out. But I was stopped when I saw Liam was already carrying the chair for her. I think I was electrified but not in a good sense. This feeling even get worse when I saw Laura smiling at him as a sign of thanking him.

Wait! What? Am I starting to get jealous here? I shook my head. No, I shouldn’t be feeling this way. Liam was my band mate.

“Liam was just trying to be a gentleman.” I said to myself. I looked at Zayn and he was giving me a grin. He is like saying “Hey mate! I can see someone is jealous.” This really drives me crazy.

“Good morning, class!” Mr. Watson greeted us with a huge smile on his face.

“Oh gosh! I am still unprepared for the exam.” I mumbled as I scratch my forehead.

I returned back on my seat. I took another glance on her. She was just staring at the window. It seems like she was thinking of a lot of things. Was she even thinking about me?