Protective

A/N: Trigger warning (TW) for this one, it has scenes of sexual assault so please, please don't force yourself to read this if it's going to make you uncomfortable! I also mention being drugged, even though it's probably not accurate as I will be making shit up. I won't go into details but it's obvious that it's occurring. Don't read if you don't feel comfortable, I promise I won't be offended xx

Word Count: 5,489 

~~

Sirius was a badass.

The entire school could see that.

What the entire school couldn't see was how much of a badass Remus was.

Well, he wasn't a badass, per say, but he was fiercely protective over what was his. Whether that was his clothes, Sirius, chocolate, books, you name it. If it was his, he was protective.

The problem with him being protective over Sirius, was that no one knew that they were together. So most of the time, Remus was forced to endure the sight of the onslaught of girls that threw themselves at the dark haired boy.

The boys had gotten together at the age of 15, both finally tired of acting like they didn't love the other. But they vowed to stay quiet about their relationship because Hogwarts wasn't the most accepting place in the world, with many students being incredibly homophobic towards those brave enough to express themselves truly. The boys were now going into their 6th year, looking forward to spending the nights wrapped up in each others arms.

~~

The first two months at Hogwarts drifted by uneventfully. Remus and Sirius still stayed quiet, both silently enduring the excessive attention Sirius constantly had thrown in his direction. It had always been harmless. Most girls just wanted a touch of the infamous, untouchable Black. However, one night the Marauders were sitting on the couches in the common room, drinking hot chocolate and chatting amongst themselves. 

Sirius had just turned 16 a few days prior, making him older than his scarred boyfriend. Remus loved that Sirius was just slightly older than him. He found it quite cute, especially because Remus was most definitely the dominant one in the relationship.

Sirius takes a sip from his hot chocolate, leaning into Remus just a little more. He knows Remus' arm is around him, but this kind of position isn't unusual for the two of them. They've been known to sit closely to one another. Remus mirrors Sirius' actions, taking a drink from his cup of tea still cooling in his hand. His opposite hand had found itself absentmindedly running through Sirius' hair. He was growing it out and Remus couldn't resist running his fingers through the dark locks every chance he got.

James breaks the peace but letting out a gasp, startling the other three.

"Jesus, Prongs. What's the matter?" Sirius gasps out.

"You never let me touch your hair! Why's he allowed to touch your hair?" James asks, obviously offended.

Possession flares up in Remus' chest, but he swallows it down.

"He's not touching my hair?" Sirius questions, confused. "Was he?" He thinks.

"His fingers are literally touching the back of your head right now," James chides.

"Oh! Well uh, no one is allowed to touch my hair...not even Moony." Sirius awkwardly trails off at the end.

Remus lets out a soft sigh in defeat and removes his hand from Sirius' hair. Sirius surprises himself, and the others, when he lets out a light whimper of protest. His face immediately flushes red.

A few moments pass as the boys continue their conversation. Sirius finds himself leaning into Remus' body, Remus' long arm draped across the top of the couch the pair was sitting on. Absentmindedly, Remus' fingers find Sirius' dark hair again, and he slowly combs through his dark locks. This time, Remus catches himself instead of James, and he slowly removes his hand from Sirius' head. Sirius lets out a soft, but sad, sigh and Remus can't help but put his hand back where it came from. He sees a faint smile grace Sirius' mouth and that alone was worth enduring the teasing and complaining from James.