10

Knocking on the front door scared me awake. I fell asleep on the couch  last night, I just didn't have enough energy to go up to my room. The knocking persisted so I got myself off the couch to answer it. It was Alessia's mom, "Hi sweetie" I frowned staring at her, "Alessia gave me your address, can I come in?" I nodded opening the door wider. "Listen, I just need the truth from you. You aren't in trouble at all, but you need to tell me what's going on between you and Andrew Johnson." My eyes widened and I froze, "I promise you aren't going to be punished" She said in a soothing voice. "You know Mark? His ex girlfriend, such a sweet young girl like yourself. She was put in an institution for a while, tried to kill herself. While she was dating Mark, Johnson started form an inappropriate relationship with her. When he broke it off she was in shambles, he prays on the week minded". 

   I stayed quiet for a bit, "Were there others?" She tilted her head, "None that came forward, Marks ex never came out either, to police at least. I'm not even sure Mark knows, Alessia was the only one she told and she told her to no tell a soul. But I'm her mother so" I nodded. "We kissed a lot, He's constantly there for me like no one else is, he listens and he cares I know he does. Last night was just a little crazy." Alessia's moms face looked so broken, "Did he ever touch you?" My head dropped, "Oh sweetheart, we need to go to the police" I frantically shook my head, "No He'd get in so much trouble" She sighed, "He doesn't love you Rylan, he hurt you and took advantage of you. If you won't go to the police they'll come here" I stood shaking my head, "You can't please, he does love me" She stood taking my hands carefully. "You're too young to understand the damage something like this can cause, but when you're older you'll realize the danger you're in".

   She pulled her phone out calling 911, "Please" I whispered out as tears started coming down my face. "Non emergency" She said as she wiped my cheek. "Please don't do this" I sobbed out, just then my father walked in stopping in his tracks as he watched, trying to understand what is happening in his house. "Who's this?" He asked me, she finally hung up the phone and elongated her hand to my father. "Marie, I'm getting your daughter the help she needs" He rose a brow, "Help? And what exactly does she need help with?" She sighed, "You're daughters being raped by her teacher" His face fell as his eyes panned to me. "NO IM NOT HE LOVES ME" I shouted while crying, My fathers face turned white and I fell to my knees. "For how long?" He asked with no tone in his voice, I replied with a sob. "FOR HOW LONG?" Both Marie and I flinched.

    "It's not rape" I cried, he came over lifting me to my feet. "I failed you" He said with concern all over his face. Just then knocks on the door filled the room, Marie quickly answered it and two officers walked in. "We're here for a wellness check?" One of then said, Marie started to fill them in on everything while my father pulled me into a tight hug. "Ma'am, we need to hear it from you" One of the officers said to me. "I have nothing to say"I tiredly said, "Tell them now Ryan" My father said curtly. "THERES NOTHING TO SAY, HE ISN'T A BAD GUY" I yelled out. "Ma'am, has he touched you in any way a teacher isn't supposed to touch a student" My face fell into a large frown, "I'm not just his student, he loves me" The officers looked at each other, "Did he or did he not have sex with you Ms.Prescott" I huffed, "Of course he did for Christ sake." The officers nodded the one said something into a radio or something. 

   "We're going to need you to come with us" My eyes widened, "I don't want to" I said taking step back. My father grabbed my arm forcing me in their direction, "No stop" I tried getting out of his grasp. "We need you to have a test done at the hospital, then we need you to come down to the station. An officer will be with you the entire time" One of them said, "A test for what?" I grunted, "To collect DNA" I shook my head, "He wore a condom" Both officers nodded and my father huffed. "He isn't a bad guy I promise he really cares about me" I cried out "For crying out loud Rylan hey prayed on you, you have to understand that" My father seethed out, "WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTED LIKE MY FUCKING DAD I WOULDN'T HAVE SEEKED GUIDANCE FROM SOMEONE ELSE" His jaw clenched has he gave a defeated nod. "Alright let's head down to the station.