UNBREAKABLE TIES

“In a world that’s crumbling, we may not be able to save everything, but we can save each other. Even if the end is inevitable, we’ll face it hand-in-hand, smiling, because love was our greatest legacy.”

As the Earth spun calmly, a deceptive peace blanketed the world. People continued their daily routines—children playing in parks, animals roaming in the wild, and commuters rushing through city streets. Everything felt normal, serene even. The world seemed oblivious to the looming threat.

But beneath that calm exterior, something catastrophic was approaching.

The first warnings came from a group of alarmed scientists and astronomers. They released reports online, raising the alarm about a massive meteor hurtling toward Earth. It would collide with the planet in just a few weeks. The news spread like wildfire through social media, with dramatic headlines claiming the world was on the brink of destruction. Yet, despite these ominous warnings, most people simply brushed them off. After all, the internet had seen its fair share of doomsday predictions—none of which had ever come true.

People scrolled past the news, dismissing it as another hoax or viral prank. Online forums lit up with jokes, memes, and casual discussions, with many refusing to believe that something this monumental could actually happen. “Just another end-of-the-world conspiracy,” some quipped. Fear briefly flickered among a few, but the overwhelming sentiment was skepticism.

Even governments across the globe, always faced with rumors of such disasters, treated it as just another false alarm. Press conferences were held, and officials calmly reassured the public that everything was fine, urging them to carry on as usual. It was as though denial had become a shield against the terrifying possibility that everything could end. The world was lulled into complacency.

Meanwhile, the scientists who first discovered the impending disaster were panicking. They continued to push their warnings, but no one would listen. The mainstream media refused to stoke fear, dismissing the story as baseless. Even as more data rolled in confirming the danger, their voices were drowned out by the relentless noise of everyday life. The clocks kept ticking, the Earth kept spinning, and the meteor drew closer, unnoticed by all but a few.

Tension quietly mounted among the informed. As they watched the public and governments dismiss the warnings, frustration turned to helplessness. It was like screaming into a void, with the world’s fate sealed by its own disbelief.

The calm before the storm lingered—tragically unaware that peace was about to shatter.

Red Velvet was nearing the end of their world tour, performing in Europe as the final leg of their journey. They were now in Italy, their second-to-last stop before wrapping things up in Paris. The members were bustling with energy, surrounded by the charm of ancient architecture and the vibrant hum of city life. The air was filled with anticipation as rehearsals, fan meetings, and nightly performances brought them closer to their last concert together—for a while, at least. After this tour, each member would take a break, focusing on solo ventures. But for now, they were united, and every moment felt both electric and bittersweet.

Backstage, Yeri sat lounging in the waiting area, scrolling through her phone to pass the time. The others were either rehearsing or resting, each absorbed in their pre-concert rituals. Her eyes glazed over the headlines as she came across a flurry of articles: "Massive Meteor on Course to Hit Earth," "Scientists Confirm: Next Week Could Be the End of the World." A meteor set to crash into Earth? The apocalypse?

She snorted softly and locked her phone, tossing it aside. “Just another hoax,” she thought, rolling her eyes. “People will believe anything.”

The world hadn’t ended after all those other apocalyptic predictions, and it certainly wouldn’t end now, right?