Curiosity Saves The Cat

"Talk"

'Thought'
____________
"Wow! Isn't this your third child?~"

At the Berlin City Hall, a few female receptionists were currently surrounding and talking to a fellow colleague, specifically a young to middle-aged woman who was noticeably pregnant, which seemed to be the main topic of conversation.

"Mhm, to be honest, it was a accident, but I'm still happy to become a Mommy again~"

The soon to be mother nods and smiles more brightly, clearly having no regrets with having a child.

"Is being a Mother all that great?"

Though all the light-hearted conversation was interrupted by a certain confused young woman, with smooth pale skin, black silky hair, and crimson red eyes, she was known as Yor Briar, and from the looks of it, she didn't seem to understand the concept of being a mother.

"I like to think having a family is a wonderful feeling, of course I'm aware it's not for everyone."

The soon to be mother hums as she answers the question as truthfully as she could.

"So it's not necessary?"

Yor tilts her head, still not understanding the idea.

"I mean, there's nothing wrong with living a solitary life."

The soon to be mother shook her head, letting Briar know that it was alright to live a single life.

"But for me personally, I can't imagine myself coming home and having no sons or daughters to greet me~..."

The soon to be mother looks at her round tummy filled with life, smiling softly as she gently rubs it lovingly.

"I see..."

Yor felt a little conflicted, unsure what to think at the moment.

"Maybe you should start a family Yor, I mean you're 27, and you're not getting any younger, don't waste your chance while you still have it."

The other receptionist, known as Millie Myers, Sharon, and Camilla, decided to encourage the idea with their aloof single co-worker, who could only fidget with her fingers and continued to wear her uncertain expression.

'Don't waste my chance in having a family?...'

Soon, Yor could be seen walking home after work, it was starting to become night time, sun setting and moon rising.

'I mean, I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea, I do have experience from raising my brother.'

Though while walking home, Yor's thought was still filled with the idea of starting a family, specifically with her becoming a mother.

'But I'm not sure I can have one right now.'

It was a tempting offer, but Yor couldn't help but start to reject the idea.

'Especially when it comes to being an assassin.'

Since Yor was an assassin, specifically known as the "Thorn Princess" assassin, she just couldn't imagine it.

'Trying to kill bad guys while carrying a big belly full of sons or daughters is definitely not ideal for assassination.'

And the more Yor thought about it, the more the idea of becoming a mother seemed unlikely.

'Not to mention, I would need a husband first to even make some babies...'

Yor lets out a small sigh in defeat once she realizes how impossible it was to start a family.