Home

2 weeks after the bands played for Dylan, she was discharged. There was a WhatsApp group chat with Dylan and the 8 people from her 2 favourite bands.
Dylan had sidechats, too, with Patrick Nicole and Brendon. Everyone always checked in to see how she was doing. When Dylan announced she was going home, there was a collective WOOHOO! from them all.
Carol brought the car to the main entrance as Jane stood waiting with Dylan. Carol pulled up, and Jane opened the passenger side door. The nurse pushed Dylan forward in the wheelchair so she could get into the car. Dylan thanked the nurse and got a hug. Jane got in the back, and then they were off to Carol's house. Dylan would have gone back to her house, but she couldn't face it. The scene of the crime. She felt like she couldn't ever go back there. Carol, Sophie, and Tony had packed the whole house up. The majority of the furniture was Dylans. The only thing she didn't want was the bed. It could be burned as far as she was concerned. Everything had been put into storage. Dylan put the house on the market because she paid the mortgage, and it was her name on the deeds.
Dylans physical injuries had more or less healed. It was time to tackle the trauma. Dylan had been referred to a counsellor who specialised in rape and PTSD.
She had her first session today. Carol offered to drive her as Dylan still hadn't been cleared to drive by Dr Hunter yet.
As Dylan walked into the reception, her heart was thudding in her chest. She didn't know what to expect. She just hoped that she wouldn't have to relive everything immediately.
"Miss Parker?" The receptionist said. "You can go in now." And smiled. Dylan took a deep breath and stood up, walking towards the office of her counsellor.

Carol picked Dylan up, and they went to have coffee together. Sophie and Tony were there, too. They both hugged Dylan so tightly.
"It's so good to see you up and about again, Dylan." Tony said.
"I want to apologise again." He looked sad.
"Tony, it's not your fault." Dylan gently said, placing a hand on his arm. Tony half smiled. He knew what Dylan was saying was true. It didn't mean that he wasn't still feeling the guilt, though.
Sophie was side hugging Dylan.
"If you want to come back to the store, you can, you know." She said. Dylan nodded in appreciation.
"Thank you, Sophie." Dylan nodded. They all left the coffee shop and went their separate ways. As they drove, Carol spoke up about something that had been nagging at her.
"Do you think Tony and Sophie are only being nice to you because they want you to drop the charges against Owen?"
"What? No, Mom, I don't."Dylan replied.
"Are you sure?" Carol checked her rear view mirror as they stopped at traffic lights.
"Mom, Tony, and Sophie have been fantastic support to all of us. I have spoken with them, and they are distraught of the way Owen has acted. Owen needs help. I am not sure if it's mental health help he needs or prison. I know the James' are only coming from a good place. Don't forget that they found me after Owens' attack. I know it's scarred Sophie for the rest of her life." Dylan responded.
Carol nodded and said nothing further. The car was quiet, so Dylan turned the radio on. Panic filled the car,I write sins, not tragedies. Dylan smiled and hummed along.
Dylan was loving her friendship with both the bands. Their jokes and banter were hilarious. Nicole and her had really hit it off. She wanted to set up a girly day for them both. Dylan had to admit she could really use some pampering. The only thing was, they lived so far away from each other.
After some messaging back and forth, it was sorted out. Panic was doing some promotional work up in New York, so it was decided that Dylan would travel there and meet up with Nicole. Nicole sorted things with management to send a town car to pick Dylan up. She would stay a couple of nights in the same hotel Panic was staying in. Dylan couldn't wait. It was something positive after a traumatic time.
As the car pulled into the drive, Nico was home from school. He came put and hugged his big sister. They walked into the house chattering away. Dylan went up to Nicos' room with him, where they played some Fortnite together, kicking ass.