*Disclaimer*

Hello!! This is a new Criminal Minds fanfiction that I've decided to try my hand at. This style is slightly darker than I have followed before and I'm excited to try to do it justice, however it is suitable for this mini disclaimer.

While in it's entirety I am using the Criminal Minds universe as the base of this book, the original storyline that will open this story is based on the true stories of Kara Robinson and Lisa McVey. If you're unfamiliar with these stories, I'm going to give a brief warning.

These two stories are true events that happened to these girls. Both were young girls who got abducted and relied on themselves to get themselves out. Their stories are heartbreaking and brutal and I wish their stories on no one. These stories get heavy, and naturally so will our main character's.

Now, my intent with this book is not to belittle or steal from the two women who actually went through these events. I am simply taking inspiration in their bravery to provide a baseline for my character and her experiences. If anyone takes any offense to this story, I truly apologize and I strongly encourage you to reach out.

While some aspects of this story may mirror that of Kara and Lisa, my intent is to provide a unique line of events and to make this character mine and her own.

Thanks for sticking with me!

~Zoey