Chapter 1: The Disturbance

Once upon a time in New York City, there lived a community of fairy tale characters known as Fabletown. The Fables who live there arrived hundreds of years ago, after they were exiled from their Homelands.

-

Through the use of a magic spell called Glamour, they have protected their secret community from the mundane world.

-

Before the untimely death of Bigby wolf and his wife, red riding hood, their son Lucian Wolf along with the The Daughter of Snow White, Eira White, took it upon themselves to uphold Lucian's legacy to protect the Fables from each other.

-

"...105 today again if you missed it, a record for the date: hottest ever in June. Uh, 103 now and that humidity looks low, but remember, the hotter the air is, the more moisture it can hold. So 103 with 31% humidity is a lot more humid than, say, 73 with 31% humidity, and it is muggy out there."

...

The radio cuts out and we watch a taxi drive through the dark streets of New York, Fabletown. Inside the taxi, the young Sheriff, Lucian Wolf, and his Deputy, Eira White, were en route to a building in the South Bronx. Lucian, with his stern demeanor, and Eira, with her poised but concerned expression, were both dressed in their professional attire, their youthful faces illuminated intermittently by the passing streetlights.

-

(Lucain's outfit; ignore the badge)

(Eira's outfit; ignore the badge)