Drunk

Today was your birthday, but unlike your other birthdays, this one was more special. Today marked the day that you were an official adult. Like, official official. You were 21 now. Meaning, you could consume alcoholic beverages without having the consequences of underage drinking.

You were at work, eagerly awaiting for your time to clock out. Your family wanted to celebrate your first time drinking, so they invited you to a bar to have fun and catch up. It had been a while since you truly got to spend time with your family ever since you left the nest, so you were quite excited. Of course, you had the critters at home to keep you company, and you had considered them as your children.

Speaking of the critters, you realized they'd be home alone for a bit longer than usual. Typically, you'd get home around noon, but today you'd be back a bit later. You figured they'd be alright, however. DogDay was a trustful pup and a responsible big brother.

As soon as that clock hit noon, you'd bolt out of your seat to clock out. Oh how good it felt to leave that place of misery.

You made your way to the bar not too far from your job. They offered to pick you up, but you suggested to walk. Just the thought of being able to let loose again made you grin the entire walk. Some folks may have looked at you weirdly, but you didn't care.

Reaching the front doors of the bar, you look up at the flashy sign. These were where the big kids hung out, and now you were standing there, awaiting the soon to be fun. Eagerly, you stepped in with a big grin.

As you entered, you soon found your family already seated, chatting with one another. They had set a reservation for your birthday, so there wouldn't be waiting in lines or looking for tables. You walked over to them, smiling. As you walked, your cousin had greeted you first, already tipsy.

"HEY, Y/N!—how've you beeeen?..."

They shouted rather loudly in your ear.

You smile warmly at them, hugging them.

"I've been swell."

You said.

The rest of your family had greeted you and said happy birthday. And before you knew it, they had already ordered the drinks and food. Just as you were about to pull out your ID from your purse, you pulled out a small picture of your little critters smiling happily. Your heart warmed at the sight of them, but you didn't want to worry.  Today was a day about you.

As the drinks and food came, you laughed and had the best time of your life with your family. However, you wouldn't know how much of a light weight you truly were until later tonight.

Stumbling your way back home, you crashed into lots of fences and trashcans. All while being a giggling mess. It wasn't a good idea walking home at night DRUNK, but you really didn't care. Or instead, you really weren't thinking properly.

Surprisingly, you found your way to your doorstep. It was around 11:30pm, and waiting for you at home were anxious colorful critters.

As you fumbled with your keys, trying to get the key in the hole, you giggled the entire time. In the end, you managed to get the key in. As you opened the door, you tripped on the doorstep. It wasn't a help that you were still wearing your heels from work. However, you caught yourself before face planting in front of your children.

Speaking of your children, they all hurriedly rushed over to you. Specifically DogDay and Hoppy.

"Ma, where have you been?!"

DogDay yelled worriedly. He looked to be stressing the entire time you had been gone.

Shit. You hadn't told them you were going to come late. Hoppy immediately hopped in your arms, hugging you tightly. The rest of the critters scattered around you, looking up at you worriedly and relieved. Even CatNap had stayed awake.