Chapter 3

"Yang Zi, did you check the inventory?? I'm going to send the list to the factory for the next production.." Xiao zhan asked his sales lady who's busy arranging the new blouses that came from the factory...

"Yes Mr. Xiao "

"Then did you call the Beijing branch and ask to fax their inventory too??"

"Yes Mr. Xiao.. do you need it now?"

" Finish that, then you can hand me the list later" he said, his attention got pulled by the opening of the glass door and the noise that was produced by the chime hanging by the door..

"Good- he stopped when he recognized the man who came inside the boutique. "It's you.."

"You remember me?? " The man said smiling from ear to ear..

"How did you know that I have a boutique here?"

"I asked for your name at the bar.. luckily you're famous there, I googled your name, then here we are now.." the guy looked around" this is a nice boutique.."

"Thank you Mr. Gu.. do you need anything?? The men's section is over there.." Xiao zhan pointed at the right corner of the boutique..

"Ah.. yes.. I need a new shirt.. can you assist me?"

"Sure..sure.. " even though Xiao zhan is annoyed by Mr. Gu, he is still a customer. He walked behind him, every shirt the guy is touching and examining he's ready to explain the materials that's been used, and the design.

"These clothes are good quality"

"Of course... I made sure of it.. I personally chose the fabrics to be used and even the thread for every clothes in the production before they even proceed to work on it.. some times I also do the designing, that is for the gowns and tailored suits."

"Wow.. I'm impressed... There's so many things to adore with you.. the moment I saw you at the bar I got mesmerized, but now that I learned how talented and hard working you are I have fallen even deeper for you .."

"Don't patronize me Mr. Gu.. I'm just doing what my passion is.."

" I can't help it .. you're so great..." Mr.Gu said while holding three tee shirts already. "You're different from the others.. A person like you should be taken care of thoroughly.."

Xiao zhan is not impressed.. actually he's always uncomfortable with Mr. Gu..

"I can take care of him just fine." Yibo's voice came behind Xiao zhan.

Mr. Gu and Xiao zhan turned to him.

"And who are you???" Mr. Gu said at Yibo.. he's gritting hiw jaw

"Oh.. Mr. Gu this is Yibo my best friend."

Mr. Gu's facial expression relaxed a little. " Ah.. best friends.." he extended his hand to Yibo for a handshake " I'm Jason Gu.. a vet.."

Yibo ignored the hand "Wang Yibo.." he reached for Xiao zhan's hand and turned around " Zhan I'm hungry, let's eat.."

"Wait.. I have a customer..." Xiao zhan even looks back at Mr. Gu. Even though deep inside he's happy by Yibo's rescuing..

"It's okay... I can manage.." Mr. Gu nodded at him.

"If you have any questions you can ask my sales ladies over the counter.." Xiao zhan waves at the counter "Cheng Xiao! if Mr. Gu needs something, please attend to him okay.."

"Okay Mr. Xiao " cheng xiao answered back.

*****
Inside the office Yibo is staring at Xiao zhan very grumpily.

"WHAT???" Xiao zhan snapped at Yibo

"You're working but you still have time to flirt"

"What do you mean flirt?? I'm assisting a customer Yibo, and I need to do that since I know him personally.."

"How come you know him personally without me knowing him???"

"Meng Ziyi introduced him to us at the Sparkly bar the other night.. he's the vet who took care of Xiao bao, Ziyi's dog."

"He's also there that night???"

"Yes.."

"Did he leave the bar with your group?"

"No, he stayed. We actually avoid him, because he's a bit creepy, he always stares at me.. and today he told me that he adores me."

Yibo's eye bore at his face "and you liked it!"

"What do you mean??"

"That he adores you.."

Xiao zhan crossed his arms across his chest and stared at Yibo intently.. "what is it to you, if I like it.. if I'm happy, some guy is infatuated with me???"

Yibo didn't answer immediately.. he stuttered a little when he answered" I..I.. to.told you to be careful, for the meantime.. shanghai is a dangerous place for now for a pretty guy like you..

Xiao zhan blushed.. silence filled the room for a moment.. after some time Xiao zhan sighed cutting the silence that surrounds them.. " This is not the right time and the right place, Yibo.. but mark my words, I'll talk to you about this, one of these days.. You're getting into my nerves.. and I promise you I won't accept any crappy answers from you..

Yibo bowed his head and nodded. Xiao zhan bit his lower lip while looking at Yibo.. his heart is pounding so hard at the moment..

When Xiao zhan's heart calmed down, he called for a food delivery, and they ate together inside the office.. Xiao zhan knows that they both ignored the elephant in the room today, but he's sure, he made it clear to Yibo that he is aware of whatever he's been doing and he needs an explanation.. not now, but soon..During their lunch Yibo ate but occasionally picked meat and put it in Xiao zhan's plate.. he even poured soft drink in Xiao zhan's glass.. Xiao zhan just sighed.

*****
After confirming that the DNA samples from the four victims are the same, Yibo tucked all the DNA results inside the case file folder.. He's duty is finished for the day.. but he can't stand up, he stared at the wall and thought about Xiao zhan's reaction earlier.. what would he tell him if he talks about it.. he knows he's being unreasonable, since they're in high school. All of Xiao zhan's exes break up with him because of him, his best friend.. and in college too.. he doesn't know but, he doesn't like it when Xiao zhan's attention is corrupted by another person.. he wants it all to himself.. Earlier Xiao zhan didn't say anything about the feelings, but he's sure, that's what he's talking about..

Back when they were younger he never had a crush.. he never told Xiao zhan that he liked someone, because ever since their parents introduced them to each other, he liked him immediately.. but he didn't think that it's important to acknowledge it, until Xiao zhan had his first crush. But he's a coward..he can't tell him.. he's afraid xiao zhan would reject him.. so he decided to be contented as his best friend..at least being his best friend, he can hug him, he can stay by his side, he can eat with him, he can sleep beside him.. but the feelings is getting stronger, it comes to a point that he wants to monopolize him.. he wants to monitor his schedules, he wants to have a say on whatever he wants to wear.. he's uncomfortable seeing him wearing provocative clothes when he's going out with other people, even it's his friends.. but he can't control it, there's nothing between them, he's just a friend..

but ....

he wants him..

he loves him..