Canon Things Mark Has Said in Emails

I have sent Mark many questions about the books, so why not dump the answers somewhere?

Okay well technically Potato sent this email but the name of GK's mom is now Nartha! I was talking in the Discord about GK's mother and we were discussing name ideas for her; I meant to type Martha, but I typed Nartha instead accidentally, and eve...

Okay well technically Potato sent this email but the name of GK's mom is now Nartha! I was talking in the Discord about GK's mother and we were discussing name ideas for her; I meant to type Martha, but I typed Nartha instead accidentally, and everyone just kinda loved the name lol

1. I remember I asked Mark about who his favorite character was and for any facts; I can't find the OG question: Actually, I created Herder with the intention of killing him off at the end of that book. But I found that I really liked that character and decided to keep him. I think Herder became the favorite for many readers.

2. Is Wolfbrin connected to Herder at all? His dialogue in book 15 implies that they encounter eventually. I had planned on having them do something together, but I just couldn't get it to fit into the later books at all.

3. If you were to continue the books, what would happen? If I were going to write more Minecraft books, I wanted to do something with Watcher (from the Far Lands books, # 19-24) and Gameknight999. I thought it would be fun to go back into the past in the Far Lands when the Wizards and the Warlords first battled and ended up putting all the Withers to sleep.

4. What does Gameknight's Grandma GG's initals stand for? My son's actual gramma was named Gramma Gerry, so we called her GG. That's what it was from.

5. Did anyone else ever respawn on the next server up besides Crafter? Because he knows that it can happen, so... It's funny that you mentioned that because I actually forgot about respawning to the next higher server plane. I was going to do something like that going up higher and higher until they reached the source . . . but I forgot about it, and instead showed the Source at the end of Book 3.

6. What was Crafter's life like? I'd imagine a descendant of several legends would have an interesting life. Usually, I like to write the backstory of all the characters before I start the story. This helps me understand the characters and keeps me consistent with how they react to different situations, but for Crafter, I seemed to have a very clear image in my head as to what kind of person he was and how he would react in different situations. So, I never really considered what his life was like before meeting Gameknight999.