𝟭𝟴․ Second Hatred Place

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Hated the hospital
    more than anything."

Two days had passed since the banquet, and Heejin was sitting in her bed looking blankly at her phone. She watched a video on repeat that she told when she was in high school. When Sooah was still alive. Suddenly a knock was heard on the bedroom door, she quickly exited the video and turned off her phone. "Come in!" She shouted after taking deep breaths. Jongseong opened the door. "Good morning." He smiled. "Good morning," she replied with a small smile.

"I made food for you. It's on the kitchen island," he told her. She nodded, "Alright." Jongseong walked out of the room before closing the door behind him. He glanced at her as the door slowly closed. Heejin looked at her phone before replaying the video over again.

Two months before that week happened, it was summer when all of her friends and Sooah went to Jaeyun's family summer house. They had a blast, enjoying the break from school, but little did they know two months later, everything that happened would change their lives—especially her best friend.

Putting her phone next to her on the bed and she turned it off. She fell onto the bed and covered her eyes with her arm. Letting a long sigh escape from her lips. Then she curled up in bed, letting tears fall down her cheeks. She felt so useless. If only she had done it, then maybe just maybe everything would have changed. For better or worse, she doesn't know. Her heart aches just thinking about the possibility.

She should've saved her best friend's first love. He would've been happy if she did something. Her breath became heavier and heavier. She felt like she was drowning at the bottom of the ocean. "Heejin? Heejin!" Someone was near her. She felt it, but could barely hear them. "Heejin!" They called for her. But she couldn't respond. Her breath was uneven, her heart was pounding against her chest, she was shaking and tears were controllable falling down. The next thing she could remember. Everything went dark.