Chapter 1 : Chill Khan!

South Africa,Cape Town 5:45 am

South Africa,
Cape Town
5:45 am

Wiping my hands on my face, I turned around at the sound of the door opening.
It was Maryam. My friend / roomate.

"Where were you?" I asked her as I folded the jai namaz and kept it on the table. (Prayer mat)

"Kitchen..." She mumbled back whilst putting a plastic on her bed.

Maryam, our resident food snob.I mean, connoisseur. She can sniff out a gourmet meal from a mile away and will only settle for the finest dishes.Her taste buds are way too refined for anything less. And don't even get her started on the presentation - if it's not visually stunning, it's not worth eating. But when you're a foodie like Maryam, every meal is a culinary journey and every bite is a life-changing experience. Just don't invite her to a fancy restuarent where snacks are served as food.

Shaking my head I asked if she prayed and she nodded her head.

"By the way did you finish revising for the test?"

"What test?" She asked as she stopped mid-chewing.

"Bukhari test, remember Ustaadha Aisha said that she is going to give one since we need to start revision soon." I replied
" I woke you up for Tahajjud but you mumbled back saying I'll do it after Fajr."

"HUH! I didn't know we had a test. It thought you were asking me about the research Apa Safia told us to do." She said almost crying.

"Maru...That is due on Friday. Today is Tuesday, and I reminded you about it yesterday dinner time too."  I shook my head in disappointment. "But maharani was too busy enjoying her food."

"Nahi Matlab pehle tum yahi karlo." She whined. "Now can you help me or are you just going to keep taunting me?"
(No, First you finish doing this.)

"Allah is larki ka kya hoga?" I hit my hand on my forehead and shook my head. (Allah , What will happen of this girl?)

"Fine I'll help you but after I finish with my Quraan reading. Till then atleast go through abit.We don't have time." I quickly opened the cupboard and grabbed my Quraan.

Walking towards the study table I put the Quraan on the table and open the door.

A soft breeze flew in and hit my face as my eyes fell on the mountains on the blazing orange orb as peaked through. The gentle arrows of light fell on the ground whilst some splashed across the landscape.
The birds chattered and tweeted in their tiny voices weaving sweet melodies.

Opening Surah Yaseen I dived into the sentences searching for treasures that were hidden between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ya Allah,I will not do this again. Please save me this time. Please don't let ustaadha come today. And if she already on the way make the papers dissappear from her hands if she brought them with her."