3. 𝙈𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙚 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙣𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯

"Only your best friend holds the power to wreck one of the best nights of your life."

I groaned, already knowing where this was going. Goodbye to my night plans. Rest in peace. "Please tell me it's not another one of those lists."

Dylan's grin widened. "Bingo! A list of girls-potential brides for you, handpicked by your dad. Each one is more perfect than the last."

"Are you serious?" I muttered, trying to focus on Maria, who was eyeing my and Dylan's every movement. A tiny grin spread across my lips.

Years have slipped by, yet Maria remains wary, never fully trusting me and the 'God's least favorite creation' sitting in front of me -or the mischievous devil that resides within us.

"This again? My dad really sent you as his matchmaking errand boy?"

"Hey, don't shoot the messenger." he said, clearly enjoying every second of my frustration. "Now, let's see who we've got here. Girl number one-she's a lawyer. Smart, successful, and your dad says she's got a smile that could light up a room. Perfect wife material, right?"

I felt my irritation building. "I don't care how perfect they are. I said I'm not interested."

But it seems like he was just getting started. "Okay, okay, how about girl number two? She's a teacher. Loves kids, has a heart of gold, and your dad's pretty sure she's the one to finally 'tame' you."

I shot him a look that could melt steel. "I'm not a wild animal that needs taming, and I'm definitely not looking for a wife right now. So unless you've got something else, I'd suggest you drop it."

He chuckled, completely unfazed by my growing irritation. "Alright, alright, but you haven't heard about girl number three yet. She's an artist-creative, fun, and get this-she's into all the movies you are part of! I mean, come on, she is your fan. How perfe-"

"Enough!" I finally snapped, sitting up straight and glaring at him. "I told you and I am telling you again I'm not interested in getting married right now. I have plans for my life, my career and tonight too-plans that involve peace, and a damn good movie, not hearing about my dad's latest attempt to marry me off."

He blinked at me, the full weight of my annoyance finally sinking in. "Wow, someone's in a mood tonight."

"Yeah, because someone is supporting the idea of ruining my night." I shot back. "Do you have any idea how much I was looking forward to tonight's plan?"

After working 12-hour stretch in the studio, all I craved for happiness was a film, the delicious meal cooked by Maria, and the good old sleep. And there was no better night for it than Saturday.