Summer

Dylans mother and brother came out to LA to see her and also to have a vacation.
Dylan had made the decision to have an on-campus apartment instead of the one room after freshman year. She had so much space, she didn't know what to do with it. It already came fully furnished, so Dylan bought a new mattress, and her friends helped her move. Fall Out Boy were preparing for their tour over the summer. Panics was going to be in the fall.
Dylan asked Nico if he wanted to come to Fall Out Boys concert. Nico couldn't wait to go. They got him some in loop earplugs. Carol was going to make the most of being child free and hang out with Nicole at a bar.
Dylan couldn't believe how much Nico had grown. He was starting middle school in the fall. It felt like time was passing so quickly.
The concert was fantastic and Nico was totally starstruck when he met the band. They all hung out for a while, and then Dylan ordered an Uber. The band had to head to Las Vegas next.
When they returned to Dylans apartment, Troy was there. It was late, so Dylan was perplexed as to why he was outside her building. As they got out the Uber and approached, Dylan got her answer. Troy was drunk. He couldn't even stand up properly.
"Dylan! I love you." He slurred. Nico clung to her arm.
"Cool. Look,Troy, you need to go home. I can't have you around my little brother like this." She gestured at the mess Troy had got himself into.
"Dylan, I want you to be my girlfriend." She had to step back because the fumes from Troy were making her dizzy.
Dylan managed to get past Troy with Nico and hurried into the building.
They got to the apartment, went in, and Dylan dead bolted the door. She texted her mother to let her know the situation. Nico went to brush his teeth and get his pyjamas on.

A couple of days later and Brendon called Dylan and asked if they would like to go out somewhere.
All 3 of them were up and ready for the day. Brendon knocked, and Nico answered.
"Nico!" And they high fived.
"Brendon, I got a new skin." Nico said, talking about Fortnite. Brendon walked over to the couch, and Nico showed him the new skin.
"Dude, that's so cool!" Brendon said. Nicos' smile was so wide.
Dylan came through. Brendon smiled at her.
"Hi, Dyl." He hugged her. They got their stuff together and headed out to Brendons car. Carol put the stuff in the trunk and got in the back with Nico. Dylan buckled her seatbelt as Brendon started the engine.
"So, where are we going, Bren?" Dylan asked.
"Surprises." Brendon winked at her. Brendon had asked them all to bring their swimming things, though.
As they drove, Dylan saw signs for San Dimas. She quickly googled and then looked up and grinned at Brendon. He winked at her again. Dylan stayed silent as she didn't want to spoil the surprise for her mother and brother.
Dylan squeezed Brendons' free hand. He looked over at her and smiled then rubbed his thumb over her hand. The gesture didn't go unnoticed by Carol. She noticed the way Dylan and Brendon looked at each other. They were in love with each other. Everyone but them could see it.
After a wonderful day at Raging Waters, Carol offered to take them all out for dinner. She and Brendon argued about who would pay.
"Bren, I would give up now. Mom always wins this argument." Dylan laughed. Brendon nodded and conceded his loss. "Thank you for today." She said and kissed him on the cheek.
"You are welcome." Brendon replied. "Dyl, there's something that I wanted to ask you."
"Ok?"
"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go out to a bar with me? Maybe tomorrow night?"
"Like a date?" Dylan asked.
"Only if you want it to be a date. If you still want to remain just friends, I am cool with that." Dylan looked at her hands in her lap as she thought how to answer, without sounding like this was what she had dreamt of since the day they met.
"Yea, I would like that Brendon. A date would be good." She smiled and held his hand. At this point, Carol and Nico came back to the table. Carol noticed the 2 of them holding hands, and she smiled. She just wanted Dylan to be happy again. Brendon was a lovely guy, and he genuinely cared for her daughter. Carol was worried about Dylan coping with Brendons' job. When he would be away touring of promoting singles and albums. It may not even be an issue. It was one date. Maybe she was worrying over nothing.