Once Human, Part 1

In one corner of Washington State, deep in a forest connected to a small town called Kamilo, an alien facility was hidden in the green. No daylight was bleeding into the facility's laboratory, as its internals were dimly-lit by blue. There was clutter everywhere, on large tables and on large shelves, of many tools and scavenged parts that were stained by a glowing blue.

From the hallway connected to the lab, something crawled on many claws connected by metal tentacles. From the body of this metal creature, a deep droning was calling out to something.

"Oh? You found a potential test subject?" An ice-cold voice asked from the dark lab.

The creature responded with one long drone.

A different, crazed voice then called out, "Well then, what are you waiting for!? Go out in the night and take it. Take it! Take it! Before it's too late!"

The creature nodded in somewhat fear, and ran off into the hallway.

"Be happy, but patient. All can go wrong if we're not careful," Another, more excited voice called out, "Remember what we strive for."

From the dark, a clawed metal tentacle reached for a scrap part leaking blue from the shelf, passing by a small glass tank, and a massive hulk of metal.

"Compliance breeds flaws, and flaws lead to termination!" A furious voice spat out from the dark, "Just look at those pathetic Autobots and Decepticons who destroyed their own planet!"

The metal claw then placed the scrap piece right into the hulk of metal which powered it up, with lines of glowing blue crawling up from the ground to reveal massive, metal legs. The glow kept creeping up the legs to reveal more of a daunting metal body.

"But you will be the first of our flawless creations!"

Every voice rang out at once with ambitious finality, as the body was fully lit up, with only its optics remaining dim.

In the Town of Kamilo...

In the same corner of Washington State, in the small town called Kamilo, a human lived his last day with his crush.

Jasper Judge just graduated from college with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, and he couldn't be happier. He was a well-taught man who powered through the best and worst classes he could find, and he was finally done with them. He could find his path and simply live.

However, he was not alone.

"I still think it was your grad hat that bonked me on the head, Jasper."

He was following his friend home. Roe Brooklan was a short woman, barely 5'4", yet her sass and smarts could barely fit her thin frame. She was of Asian descent, with a rounded face and a cute button nose. She graduated with him, went through the same classes with him, and was even the first person he bothered to be friends with since moving here.

But he wanted to be more. The question going through his head, though, was did she want the same with him?

"C'mon, really? You think of all of those hats, mine managed to headshot you?" Jasper said with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, wipe off that shit-eating grin. Doesn't matter though, because," She turned around and waved her degree in the air, "We got it!"

Roe hugged Jasper quickly, and he quickly picked up on it and hugged her back, tugging at her robes as she tugged his. He knew that today was the best day to say it.

They broke the hug and kept walking to her apartment building, a place with barely three floors and the crappiest parking. He knew it too well every time he went to her place to study.