wind - Short Bonus Story

"It's really windy out, but I think we can still do it!" On a dark yet pretty night, the moonlight's stolen haze illuminated the street. Kosuke and Kurai had planned to ride a two-seat bicycle together.

They stepped out onto the sidewalk, holding hands. Kurai was intensely blushing, yet staying a bit quiet like she usually does. "S-So.." She stammered, looking up at her tall friend.

"...Who'll be in front..?"

"You, since you're a bit...Eh, tinier!" Joked Kosuke with his enthusiastic and trustworthy smile, a chuckle brought along. The breeze howled like a pack of wolves, and it's ironic since the real howling of wolves followed! They put on helmets, got on the bicycle...Kurai felt like going in the back, since she secretly wanted to cling onto Kosuke better...and was scared of what was up front.
As they cycled through the city, many people walking found them cute, and even thought they were some kind of couple.

Kurai didn't notice, but she was intensely tired and fell asleep. She usually drinks coffee just to stay awake, but she had a lack of it this week. She still held onto the back of Kosuke's jacket, even while snoozing. The wind blew her hair, but it left their relationship untouched.