~Chapter 1~

"Up and at 'em Anna!" A voice yelled, "Time to leave! Hurry up so I don't have to see your ugly ass ever again!" Mom. I hated her. She's always treated me with the least respect out of my siblings and I, 2 older brothers and 1 older sister. And they all live AWAY from here. Barely even on the Oklahoma state line! I hate them anyways. Dumb Socs. Whatever!

"Give me until 12:00 and we'll never have to hear or even see each other ever again!" I call back, happy? DUH! After my dad and siblings left, my mom has been blaming it all on, oh who? You guessed it! Moi! She's also been doing drugs. I've tried to get her in jail for it but it never went my way. By anyways, we, my 'mom' and I, agreed that when I turn 15, which is today, that I have until 12:00 to pack up and leave. Which I better get working on soon.

Don't be worried though, I have a new place to stay. It's at my best friend, Sodapop Curtis, and his brothers, Darry and Ponyboy, house. And let me get this straight, I'm a greaser and that is FABULOUS! And when I say 'gang', that doesn't mean that we're like drug gang. We're just a group of good friend greasers.

But the weird yet good thing is, is that they don't know I'm coming. I mean, Darry does, just not when. Anyways, time to leave this hell-hole!

The first thing that I do, obviously, is get ready. I'm not a huge girly-girl, I HATE skirts and dresses, so I chose out a pair of light-wash denim shorts, a white t-shirt, and a light weight, flowy, red falnnel. I take a shower, throw my clothes on, and I put in a red bandana to act as a headband for my long dirty blonde hair. I slide on my worn down low-cut black Converse, no make-up, and I'm all ready! Time to pack!

For packing I grab 2 backpacks and 2 drawstrings just incase. In one backpack, I put in shirts, flannels, and my undergarments. I put shorts and jeans in the other, and toiletries in the same.

In one draw string I slide in my white high-cut Converse, and my brown hiking boots in the other. After I pack up, I look around my room. I don't have much. A bed, desk, bathroom, a dresser. Nothing much.

And before I forget, I have long dirty blonde hair, bright blue eyes, fair skin, I'm kind of short, and fairly tall

"Are you almost done? It's 11:30 and I REALLY don't want to see or even hear your ugly ass anymore!" My mom screamed. "I'm leaving now!" I yell back as I walk out if my room, to the front door, and out. Time to head to The Curtis's house. Yay!

I haven't seen the gang in 2 months. The last I heard was Darry last week, asking him if I could move in soon. He obviously said yes and asked when. I told him soon, that's why he knows that I'm coming, but not when. I'm so evil! (And weird and hyper all of the time! I'm never really sad, angry, hateful, I'm always happy! Like my best friend Soda!)
---------------------
"Hey doll face. What are you doing out here all alone?" Someone askes. I know that voice all TOO well, "Dallas Winston." I say. "Yup. That's me. Wanna come to my place? It'll be fun!..."
"I wouldn't be hittin' Winston, you'll regret it."
"And why is that?" He askes. I turn around and his face is PRICELESS! "D-Dallas Winston I-is blushing!" I say between laughter. I walk over and hug him while he replys with, "Shut up. Where you headin' with all that stuff An?"
"Curtis's. Mom kicked me out so I packed up. They know I'm coming, just not today." I say with a smirk. "Nice. I was headin' there now. Let's walk." He says. "Ok." I reply as we head off. I've missed them so much!