13.Bhoot

Angel

Angel

-that's what I thought when I first saw her twirling in the rain, carefree and unencumbered. Her melodious laughter awakened a heart I thought was long dormant, sending it racing with an unfamiliar fervor.

Her smile was infectious, and for the first time in my life, I found myself smiling wholeheartedly. There's something about her that's stirring emotions I never knew I had.

I don't know why I felt compelled to know her, maybe it's because she brought me a sense of peace I'd never known before.

My life has been a tragedy, a never-ending cycle of pain, and I couldn't bear to drag her into it. Yet, I found myself helping her, caring for her, and offering her shelter in my house. It's as if I'm drawn to her light, even though I know I'm nothing but darkness.

Her dark eyes held me captive in ways I couldn't explain.

I'm nothing short of a sinner, I thought, as I remembered her innocent face. I had lied to her, telling her there were no rental options available, but it wasn't entirely a falsehood.

After all, I had rented out all the other places myself, leaving her with no choice but to accept my offer to stay with me. It was a clever manipulation, and I knew it. But I couldn't help myself - I wanted her near me, and I was willing to do whatever it took to make that happen.

A loud thud and a shriek shattered my reverie, and I frowned, recognizing my best friend's voice. What was he yelling about?

I quickly rushed out to see, but he was nowhere to be found. That's when I saw Amayra, covered in a cloud of white flour, giving me a sheepish grin. She looked adorable, like a ghostly apparition, and I had to bite back a smile.

My baby, always getting into mischief.

Wait what? Baby? Shut up dhruv.

I followed her gaze to the other side of the sofa, where my best friend was sprawled out in an awkward pose, What in the world has just happened?

---------------

Splashhhh!

"Tsunami's here, run for your lives!" Aayansh sprang up, shrieking like a child, his voice unrecognizable.

Dramatic bastard, I thought, shaking my head. Iska dost kaise ban gaya main?

I sighed and waited for him to calm down, while Amayra stood beside me, watching the free circus with amusement. She was one step away from grabbing a chair and popcorn to enjoy the show. But one stern glance from me, and she straightened up, standing properly beside me.

Good girl.

I kicked my best friend, but he continued his dramatic display, showing no signs of stopping.

He glanced at me, then Amayra, and let out another ear-piercing shriek: 'Bhooooooooot!'

Yup, she was still covered in flour, and he was clearly unhinged. He jumped onto me, clinging to me like a life raft, as if his very existence depended on it. I quickly pushed him away, and he landed on the floor with a thud, his theatrics finally beginning to subside.

"Ouchhh!!!! You're killing me, bro!" Aayansh exclaimed in a dramatic tone.

"'I'm not even kidding, I'm less than a donkey right now. Shut up and get up, go sit on the couch!" I glared at him, but as usual, it had no effect. He's known me since childhood, so he's immune to my scowls.

"Iss bhoot ka kya?' he asked, his eyes wide with horror, turning to me. "I know Hanuman Chalisa, run for your life!" Amayra rolled her eyes and took a step towards him, making him cower back. "Say ghost one more time, and I'll turn you into one with my slippers!" she warned, her voice escalating from normal to a shriek.

I bit back a chuckle at Aayansh's comical expressions. "So, you're a living girl? Oh my god!" He looked at me and Amayra dramatically. "How is this possible? My brother is allergic to girls, what are you doing here? Do you have a crush on him? Run, before he crushes you..." Amayra frowned, looking at him, then at me as I covered his mouth and took him away to stop him from blabbering.

"You go get freshened up," I instructed Amayra, giving her directions to her room upstairs. "I'll deal with this clown," I added, dragging Aayansh away with me.

---------------

And follow me to get instant updates