𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥?

Just then I woke up. Where was I? Wait... Who's looking at me? Split dye hair... Beautiful face... Pearly white teeth... OMG It's Melanie Martinez! "Please wake up... OMG you're awake! Are you ok?" Melanie questions. "Where am I?" I respond coming back to my senses. "I found you on the streets alone last night. Your leg had a major cut in it." Melanie hugged me softly. "It's okay if you don't want to tell me, but what happened?" "I don't wanna talk about it..." I respond, quietly. "Okay. Well, I'm going to take you home. Is that ok?" Melanie said softly. How could I say no? After all the assault and hell. I needed to say yes. "O-okay..." I murmured. "Just follow me, and we can get in my car, and go to my house." Melanie explained taking my hand and walking to her car.

As soon as I arrived at Melanie's house, my eyes were flashed with bright, pastel colors. "Do you want some food?" Melanie asks. Used to being starved, I turned down the opportunity. "N-no thanks." I say. Was Melanie going to be like her parent? "I'll show your room. Follow me" I follow Melanie into a small little pastel room decorated with sweet scented candles, and vintage, cute toys. "This is your room." Melanie's smile glowed like heaven. Was someone being nice to me?"Okay, tell me if you need anything, I'll be right in the room next to you." Melanie explained wishing me a good night. 

That night I couldn't sleep, all the thoughts running through my mind. It hurt. What if Melanie thinks I'm a liability? I'm ruining her life. I'm ruining it! Just then I hopped out of bed and walked into the kitchen. As I look in the room, I see something shining. A little knife. Perfect. I pick up the knife, head to my bedroom and sit down near the bed. Just one cut. Just one. I grasp the knife and slowly run it through my skin, from the start of my arm to my shoulder. Blood drips on the floor forming a puddle. I cry, silently while bathing in the pain.

Just then I let out a loud whimper. Fuck, Melanie might of heard that. Once that happened I heard footsteps. Suddenly my door opened, it was Melanie. "Are you okay?-" Melanie saw my arm. She glared at it for a while before turning back to me, saying. "Ok, Grace follow me." Mel lead me to the bathroom. Quickly she picked up a towel from behind her sink and put it over my cut. Dabbing it. Blood drenched it, at the start it was white, but now it was red. "M-Melanie?" I murmured. "Yes?" Melanie replied. "C-Can you take care of me? I don't wanna go back home..." "Ok..." she picked up the towel and put it in the trash can near the toilet. "Can you go back to bed now?" Melanie questioned with her shiny eyes. "Is i-it okay if I do something with you? I don't want to go back t-to sleep..." I looked down at the pink and white checkered flooring, not trying to make eye contact with Mel. "Ok." she lead me to sit down on the couch. That night we ate cookies and watched TV.