~1~

Enjoy your reading!!!

As the first light of dawn gently filtered into my bed, I felt as if it were the last day of my fear-filled life. Normally, I would wake up struggling to breathe, my heart racing, and feeling a tightness in my chest. But today, there was no trace of the nightmares that had been haunting me incessantly for the past two months.

Although I couldn't understand why, I sat up amidst my confusion. At that moment, I suddenly noticed rising and increasing sounds; they echoed like an exuberant scream, stirring an unexpected sense of excitement within me.

So, with unanswered questions in my mind, I moved slowly to the window and looked outside. Yes! All I saw were people pouring out of their homes, rejoicing wildly. In other words, these people seemed to be savoring the freedom they hadn't enjoyed for a long time.

Therefore, with crazy sparkles dancing in my eyes, I wondered to myself, "Could it have been found?" Perhaps things had happened just as I thought.

When I believed that my instincts were right, I quickly ran to the living room and turned on the first news channel I saw on the television. As my heart raced, I realized that the same news was being broadcast everywhere, and there was no need to change the channel. I just started to listen and wait.

 I just started to listen and wait

"Yes, dear viewers, it was announced by officials just minutes ago that a vaccine has been developed against the pandemic that has caused the deaths of millions of people worldwide. With this good news, an important step has been taken in the fight against the pandemic. I am very happy to share this news with you and would like to remind you once again that a vaccine is now available against the pandemic!"

The news anchor, unable to hold back tears of joy and trying to control his trembling voice, immediately turned to Dr. Lee and asked, 'What do you have to say about the discovery of the vaccine?'

Dr. Lee suddenly stopped and coughed, then began to speak in an authoritative tone. 'Firstly, like everyone else, I am very pleased with the discovery of the vaccine. However, the rapid development of the vaccine makes me uneasy. Normally, the research and development process takes years, and the fact that the vaccine was found in such a short time is concerning. Nevertheless, I hope it is truly effective and can help bring the pandemic under control."

As Dr. Lee's words still echoed in my ears, I was overwhelmed with joy and didn't know what to do. Unable to control my trembling hands from happiness, I collapsed into the chair behind me. I crossed my arms tightly, closed my eyes, and took a deep breath. I could hear my heart racing.

While trying to shake off my surprise and compose myself, my friends emerged one by one from the back room and appeared beside me. Seeing them made the waves of happiness inside me surge even more.

As my friends, Eva and John, passed by, I looked at their faces and thought they were completely unaware of what was happening. Shortly afterward, I was almost certain that was the case. The moment they entered the room, they muttered angrily, "What's going on here?"

Especially John, who was very fond of his sleep, quickly approached me. With a serious expression, he said, "Yes, Paul! I hope you have a reasonable explanation for this."

Although I couldn't take John's reaction seriously, as I was getting ready to respond to him, Eva interrupted in a mocking tone and shouted, 'Shut up, John! Shut up and watch the damn TV.'

After Eva noticed and intervened, and John looked at me impatiently asking, 'What did I do?' a silence filled with surprise fell. Both of them just focused on the TV.

I observed the change that occurred on their faces while they were watching the TV and thought it was worth noticing.

After fully understanding the situation, Eva swallowed and broke the silence by asking, "Really, was that all?"

With a goofy smile, I said, "I guess that was it. After everything that happened, I guess that was it."

I noticed the tears streaming down Eva's eyes along with my words. So, I got up and gently approached her, hugging her tightly. Then, looking at John, I said, 'Why are you just standing there? Come join us.' With a sparkle in his eyes, John came over, and we all embraced each other tightly.

' With a sparkle in his eyes, John came over, and we all embraced each other tightly

The End!!!