♤him, not me♤

Setting: A bustling high school filled with cliques, laughter, and the unspoken feelings of youth. Eunseok, Shotaro, and Sungchan are seniors, with their lives intertwined in ways more complex than they’d ever imagined.

---

Sungchan strides into the cafeteria with his usual cocky grin, spotting Shotaro sitting by the window with Eunseok. Sungchan confidently grabs his tray and walks over.

"Hey, Shotaro! Saved you a spot... next to me, obviously."

He plops his tray down and shoots Eunseok a casual smirk, while subtly flexing his designer watch as he sits across from Shotaro.

"Ah, Sungchan. Actually, I’m sitting with Eunseok today." Shotaro refused politely.

Sungchan’s grin falters slightly, but he quickly covers it with a laugh.

"Come on, Shotaro. You’ve been glued to him all week. I’m way more fun, you know? Plus, I’m sure Eunseok wouldn’t mind a little break from your... well, adorable chatter." Sungchan laughs nervously to mask his uneasyness.

Eunseok raises an eyebrow, not buying into Sungchan’s bravado, but remains quiet, observing the other.

"You know Eunseok’s a good listener, right? He doesn’t get tired of me." Shotaro laughed softly.

Sungchan glances at Eunseok, seeing how comfortable Shotaro is with him. His confidence slips for a moment, but he quickly recovers, leaning in toward Shotaro.

"Yeah, but can Eunseok make you laugh like I do? I could take you to that fancy new arcade downtown after school. VIP treatment, of course. We could have a real blast, just the two of us." Sungchan cocked a smile.

Shotaro’s expression softens, but it’s not the reaction Sungchan is hoping for.

"That sounds fun, Sungchan, but… I already have plans with Eunseok." Shotaro refused kindly.

Sungchan’s heart sinks, but he tries to keep his cool, even as the sting of rejection hits him again.

"Right, right. Of course. Wouldn't want to interrupt your quality time together."

---

: After School in the Courtyard.

The sun is setting, casting a golden hue over the courtyard as Shotaro and Eunseok chat on a bench, their conversation light but filled with an unmistakable warmth. Sungchan watches from a distance, biting his lip in frustration.

Sungchan takes a deep breath and approaches them, determined once again.

"So, Shotaro, how about I drive us to school tomorrow? I just got a new car. It’s practically waiting for you." He grinned, his voice wavered so slightly.

Shotaro looks up at Sungchan, his smile sweet but his eyes revealing what Sungchan dreads.

"You’re really kind, Sungchan. But, I actually like walking to school with Eunseok."

Sungchan’s heart clenches, and he glances at Eunseok, who meets his gaze with a calm yet knowing expression. Sungchan feels like he’s standing on the edge of something he can’t control.

"Walking’s fine, I guess… but are you sure you don’t want a lift? It’d be quicker. More fun." Sungchan smiled.

"Sungchan… I really appreciate everything you do, but… I like spending time with Eunseok."

Sungchan’s cocky exterior shatters for a split second, his desperation becoming clear. He runs a hand through his hair, trying to keep it together.

"But what does he have that I don’t? I can make you laugh, I can take you anywhere, I—" Sungchan barely held back.