Chapter 8 - Why now?!

~Grey's POV~

((Warning: New Adult Themes; Suggestive Language))

Pissed. Off.

I dreamt about her, and then I ended up running into her. What the hell are the odds? And why now, after all this damn time that has passed, did I have to see her again?

First, that damn dream, and then this!

All I could think about as I drove home from that event was how gorgeous she looked after all of this time. At least with us separated, I could imagine she'd let herself go or turn into some goblin monster, but no, she had to be just as beautiful as she always had been!

Her waves fell softly past her face. It looked like she had perfected her hair routine, something she seldom signed about in the waking world but always spoke about in our dreamland—she was insecure about her hair not being curly. She wanted to have at least her waves defined without being frizzy.

Well, mission accomplished.

And makeup—she was wearing makeup now. She was gorgeous without it, but with it on, she knew what she was doing. She accented her features beautifully, and I could see her self-confidence.

And then she spoke—my heart actually somersaulted. I subtly pressed my finger into my palm to ensure I wasn't dreaming.

And what do you know? I wasn't.

She was going to destroy me. Damn her. I actually had to readjust myself at a work event. I had to get away from her for fear that she or anyone else would notice.

I needed to get her out of my system. ASAP. All I could think about was snatching her away from prying eyes, pinning her against a wall, and—

"Hey, Siri, call Jenette," I said.

The ringtone flooded the car until her voice cheerily chirped, "Hey, you."

"Hey," I replied. "What're you doing right now?"

"Feeling lonely?" she teased. I gripped the steering wheel tightly as the city streets blurred around me. That was the last thing I was feeling, in all honesty. I wanted to turn around... I wanted to do a lot of things I just couldn't.

"Come on, don't mess with me," I said. "What're you doing?"

"Hmm... well, let's see... I just finished showering and putting on that scent you love so much."

"Oh, yeah?" It wasn't doing it for me, but I needed to force it. Thoughts of Hazel couldn't consume me.

"Yeah," she said with a seductive drawl. "Why don't you come over? I'm wearing the perfume and the perfume only."

Nope. Still not doing it for me.

"I'll be there in a few."

***

Her eyelids were shut, my finger drawing mindless circles over the small of her bare back. She shifted on her stomach comfortably, looking up at me briefly through hooded eyes, her green irises slightly covered by her now messy blonde hair—when I first walked in the house, it was done nicely. Why she wasted her time doing that, I won't know. "That was something. I thought I was going to pass out," she teased.

I laughed slightly, returning my gaze to the ceiling. "Glad to be of service, Jenny."

"You've always been good with lasting, but this time was like... I had so much time to enjoy it."

Yeah, that's because you're not Hazel.

Damn it, what the hell was wrong with me?! Even my hookup buddy couldn't do it for me anymore? I couldn't fully enjoy it until I imagined it was Hazel below me.

Man, if Jenny and I were dating, I would be a monster. Thankfully, there was no rule against imagining another woman while you're with your non-commitment, no feelings, hookup buddy.

Maybe if we were friends, I'd feel more guilty. We weren't even that—just two people doing what humans do.

Her breathing deepened after a few minutes, and I knew she'd fallen asleep against her soft, deep red satin bedsheets. Sometimes, she'd do that before cleaning up and going to the bathroom, so I had to wake her. She was prepared to sleep this time, so I let her be, still tracing circles on her back.

I glanced around her room, the shades drawn tightly, letting only a slight filter of the city's lights through. Her bed lay in the middle of the room, with two nightstands on either side, one with her lenses, the other with her book, and various chargers for her electronics. My phone was on that side, getting the juice it needed.

Her dresser was by her bathroom door, her bra hanging from when I threw it. Whoops.

I was desperate. Desperate to distract myself. And it wasn't working, even after all of that. I'm still thinking about Hazel.

"Dinner?" she asked, lifting the card. Her brows furrowed as she looked over the information. "After you've just insulted me?"

That had not been my intention. I don't know what I intended, in all honesty. "My apologies." I led her into the room so we weren't talking near the presentation. She leaned against the wall, looking up at me expectantly. Did she want to drive me crazy? It took everything in me not to kiss her. "I'll make it up to you. Dinner's on me."

Her eyes held my heart in their hands. One look and I wanted to make her mine. I know I threw out some pathetic innuendo because she had me practically drooling all over her.

It was strange. When we dated in high school, Hazel and I never went beyond a simple, romantic relationship. It never got physical; she never mentioned it, and neither did I. There was no reason to pressure her—we'd make it work out however we could whenever we wanted it to work out.

But now I found myself wanting something I could never have. I had so many pent-up feelings, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and all I wanted to do was start something I never had the opportunity to finish.

All because of my stupid, dumpster-fire human of a dad.

I wanted her again. Heart, mind, soul...

And body.

Why'd she revert me into a horny teen, one hornier than I'd ever been for her? I wanted her to be mine in every which way. And I had a plan to do precisely that.

I had a problem—well, I had many, but she could resolve this one as soon as possible.

What if we could both get back at my Dad? My sister and I couldn't get our inheritances until we married someone for at least a year. I'm sure it was something she and I could contest if we wanted to, but nobody felt like doing that.

I could ask Hazel to be mine for one year. After one year of marriage, she could walk away with all the money she wanted in her pockets. It could make us or break us. And honestly, I'd be broken once more by her if it meant I could have her near me for a year.

"Damn it," I growled, my eyes slamming shut as an ever-persistent ache developed back in a concentrated area of my body. "Jenny." I rolled to my side and blew gently on her back, the air tickling her spine and causing her to shift. "Wake up. I need you—I need another round."

The sleep faded from her eyes, hunger replacing it. "What's gotten into you?"

I didn't answer, flipping her onto her back. My lips met her neck, and with every noise she made, I imagined Hazel being the one to make them.

I'm so screwed. 

---

Hehe. Hoohoo. HA. HA. 

Let me know if you like this or if there's anything more you want to see from Grey's POVs! I'm already working on another one for  Chapter 11. 

The chapters are also getting longer! This means there will rarely be two updates in a week. I'm doing two now because these are bite-size chunks and aren't fair to you! <3

Until tomorrow!!

- Lien A