Chapter One: Our First Meeting

The bright shine of the sun woke me up once again, peeking through my slightly cracked window. I was near-startled when Leafy, my Yumkasaur companion, hopped onto my bed with a roar, telling me it was already time to check on Demura, my Koholasaur companion west of here.

I hurriedly got dressed, making sure I still looked my best, and ran through the 80° heat to a small cave, bringing with me medicinal herbs and some berries.

Demura had been sick for 3 years, ever since an abyss attack, while the two of us were surfing together. She took a serious hit to the stomach but survived on a slither. I had only told Mualani about the incident since she had noticed I usually go off in the mornings and in the middle of the night in a hurry while no one else thought anything of it. That was thanks to my adventurous spirit of just wanting to run around and do something.

Something felt good about this particular day as I stretched with a small "Hah.." laying in the water next to my surfboard, waiting for the perfect wave. Mualani had previously told me she would bring her friend Kinich to meet me. "She spoke very highly of that boy.." I said to myself, staring at the sky and holding up my arm to block the sun. In all reality, I was awaiting their return, excited to meet this boy.

Eventually, I went out swimming into the water, finding some plastic and tangled Saurians and helping out by cleaning up the waters. It felt nice to help out. Especially after that incident I had a few years back in a surfing accident.

"Hey! Demura! Come surf with me!" I called to my friend, who carried a baby Koholasaur in her arms. She agreed, despite the fact that she had to reluctantly have Mualani help out in taking care of the little one.

We both hopped on our boards and found the best wave we could, enjoying the hours out there we spent.