Part 2

The sun was just beginning to rise as Vikram, Michael, and Mithra packed their bags for the long-awaited road trip to Kodaikanal. The air was filled with excitement, with Vikram meticulously securing the luggage on his Royal Enfield. His bike was ready to carry their essentials, while Michael's bike would carry him and Mithra.

"Ready ah , Penguineyy?" Vikram teased, adjusting his helmet.

Mithra rolled her eyes but smiled, knowing Vikram always used that name to lighten the mood. Michael, meanwhile, patted her shoulder as they climbed onto his bike. "Let's go, thangam," he said, a gentle smile on his face.

The journey started with the rumbling of engines and the wind sweeping through their hair. Mithra, seated behind Michael, keeping her hands on his shoulder, feeling safe. They had always shared a special bond, and being on the bike with him made her feel even closer to her protective "brother."

As they left the bustling city behind, the roads turned quieter, with vast stretches of green fields on either side. The trio took their first break near a small tea stall along the highway. Vikram leaned against his bike, sipping his tea quietly, while Michael and Mithra chatted animatedly about the road ahead.

"I can't wait to reach the hills," Mithra said, her eyes lighting up at the thought of Kodaikanal's misty mountains.

"We'll reach there soon, kuttyma," Michael assured her, tapping her nose affectionately. "But first, let's make this ride memorable."

Back on the road, the adventure truly began. They raced through long, winding roads, passing scenic views of rivers, dense forests, and rocky terrains. Michael, with his expert handling of the bike, occasionally sped up, making Mithra squeal in delight. Vikram, from behind, shouted, "dei Methuva ponga da .... anga paaru oruthi nee pora speed ku bayapadra!"

Michael laughed, but he did slow down, ensuring Mithra's comfort and safety. "Don't worry, thangam," he said over his shoulder. "I got you."

Hours passed, and soon they began ascending the steep roads leading to Kodaikanal. The weather turned cooler, and the air became crisp. Mist slowly enveloped the path ahead, adding a sense of mystery and thrill to the ride. Mithra clung tighter to Michael as the road became narrower, but he remained confident.

As they continued their ascent through the winding roads of the hills, the temperature dropped further, and the air became thinner. Mithra, who had been enjoying the journey so far, suddenly felt a wave of nausea hit her. She tried to ignore it, hoping it would pass, but the feeling grew stronger with every turn they took.

Michael noticed her grip tighten around his waist. "Are you okay, thangam?" he asked, concerned.

Mithra mumbled something in response, but before she could say more, the world around her seemed to spin. "Stop anna ," she whispered urgently.

Without a second thought, Michael pulled the bike over to the side of the road. Mithra quickly got off, her face pale, and stumbled to the edge of the road where she began to vomit, her body reacting to the sudden change in altitude. Vikram, who was right behind them, parked his bike and rushed over, his usual teasing gone, replaced by worry.

Michael was already by her side, gently rubbing her back. "It's okay, Mithra," he said softly. "Breathe. I'm here."

After what felt like an eternity to Mithra, the nausea began to subside. Her body felt weak, and she leaned against Michael for support. He guided her to a nearby rock where she could sit, then grabbed a bottle of water from his backpack. Kneeling in front of her, he handed her the bottle and helped her wash her face, using a soft cloth to wipe away the cold sweat on her forehead.