Aganju

God of: Volcanoes, Wilderness, Deserts, and RiversVenerated in: Yoruba Religion° Umbanda° Candomble° Santeria° Haitian Voudou° Folk Catholicism Region: Nigeria* Benin* Brazil Ethnic  Group: Yoruba People • Fon People Offspring: Sango#####_____$$$$...

Venerated in: Yoruba Religion° Umbanda° Candomble° Santeria° Haitian Voudou° Folk Catholicism
Region: Nigeria* Benin* Brazil
Ethnic  Group: Yoruba People • Fon People
Offspring: Sango
#####_____$$$$$№#_$$$$$$$#####••••••°°°°°°====}{}{

  Aganju is a powerful Orisha in the Yoruba faith known for his control over Volcanoes, wilderness, and the earth itself. He is the harbinger of change, the master of the frontier, and the pusher of boundaries.
Aganju (also known as Agay'u, Aggay'u, or Agany'uis an esteemed Yoruba deity of wilderness and change. Embodying the traits of stability, strength, and transformation, he has control over everything that is related to the earth, desolate lands, and most remarkablely volcanic eruptions.
      Aganju is benevolent deity portrayed as robust resolute, and daring. Yet, he can be volatile and spontaneous under certain conditions. His fiery temperament is said to reflect his dominion over Volcanoes and unexplored terrains, and his capacity to shape and change landscape makes him a formidable force to acknowledge.
  With the right respect and offerings, he possesses the ability to guide you through life's transformative moments and unknown territories. Your journey into uncharted lands is his dominion, so tread carefully and respect his powers.

 Your journey into uncharted lands is his dominion, so tread carefully and respect his powers

Aganju is often portrayed as a tall, powerful man with skin as rough as the earth. He is usually depicted in earthy tones, dressed, in brown or red clothing and often adorned with symbols of wilderness and volcanic power.
Aganju is associated with the colors red and brown and is sometimes depicted carrying a shovel, which symbolizes his association with the earth.
  Other symbols linked with Aganju include mountains, desert, and lava stones, all of  which are believed to mirror his powers of strength, stability, and transformation.
   In some religious traditions, number 7 is deemed especially sacred to Aganju, as it represents the seven earthly realms he governs. This number is often incorporated into offerings and ceremonies dedicated to Aganju, as a way of invoking his presence and seeking his blessings.
  Other traditions believe that he is associated with the number 9 and it's multiples, considering 9 as a symbol of endurance.
     Aganju is fond of food such as yams, corn, peanuts, and palm oil. He also likes strong drinks like rum and offerings of red or brown-colored foods.