Chapter 8: First quest

"Hmm, looking good! Now, It's Raiding time!" said System as he led the way.

"Wait! What raiding?!" I grabbed the quest paper and read what it said:

[ Quest: Raid the Spider Monsters that are pestering the Lumina Village ]
Rank D
Details: Defeat the Spider Monster Boss and bring joy to Lumina Village
Rewards: 10,000 Golds

"Always so slow, aren't you?" remarked System.

"Wait a minute, System! What's this?! Rank D?! Raid?!" I shouted at him.

"Don't complain. That is the fastest way to level up," System replied.

"No! I don't want to! I'll die!" I retorted and turned away from System. Seeing the slime getting angry again, I quickly threw the paper at him and ran.

Forget it! I don't need System!

"You think you can run from me?"

"Aaaah!" I screamed as System suddenly appeared.

"We are connected to each other, so you can't escape from me," he said as he dragged me, drawing attention to myself.

"No! I don't want to! No!"

Few hours later...

[ Spider Monster Boss ]
Species: Wild Beast
Type: Common
Level: 20

I panted, holding the rusty sword. The gun wasn't effective against this spider, only against its offspring. I wiped the sweat off my brow as I stared at the giant spider, visibly enraged due to the offspring I killed, which were 7 levels ahead.

It let out a loud roar, causing me to cover my ears.

[ Notifications: You have been < Stunned >! ]

I struggled to move and rolled away to avoid the poison breath. My health was down to half, and the Spider Boss had only taken 30% damage. My level had increased, but this Spider Boss was 7 levels ahead.

The Spider Boss charged again. All I could do was run and dodge. I didn't know what to do! And that annoying slime just watched me, munching on popcorn.

"Remember, I'll get you back!" I quickly checked my status. Ever since I started slaying spider baby monsters, I hadn't used my stat points yet.

[ Clint Alnyr Moon ]
Level: 13
Class: Gunslinger
Title: Headshot at First Shot, Merciless Killer, Boar Hunter, and 1 other.
Race: Error
Clan: None

Strength: 15
Agility: 18
Intelligence: 10
Luck: 5
Mana: 3

Remaining stat points: 68

"Damn it!" I shouted as I held the sword to my head. My knees were giving out; this monster was too strong.

"Aah!" I yelled as I continuously slashed at the spider's limbs and it hit my shoulder.

F*ck this!

I quickly allocated the points: 30 to strength, 30 to agility, and the remaining to luck. Afterward, I managed to push the monster away and ran again.

"I advise you put points in intelligence. You need to use your head, dummy," said System.

An hour later, I finally finished it.

[ Notifications: You have defeated the Spider Boss Monster! ]

[ QUEST CLEARED! ]

[ Notifications: Level Up! You have reached Level 20! ]

I collapsed, panting, and the rusty sword turned to dust. Damn this! My body was numb from exhaustion and pain, and I had this worthless System.

"Good job!" said System. I was surprised when he poured something on my head, and my wounds healed and disappeared.

"This is your reward. Good job, crybaby. Drink this to restore your lost strength," he said, handing me a small bottle of violet liquid.

After drinking it, my strength quickly returned. I stood up and collected the loots.

[ ding! You have obtained Spider Eyes! ]

[ ding! You have obtained Spider Boss Core! ]

[ ding! You have obtained 10,000 golds! ]

[ ding! You have gained Exp! ]

I opened my status, and I had 35 points. I put 15 in intelligence, 15 in mana, and didn't use the other 5.

"I want to rest now, System," I said.

"Nope, not yet! Check how much gold you have left," he said, and I checked.

"23,000 golds," I said.

"Not enough," said System. I sat down and lay down.

"Get up, that's not enough!" said System, pulling my hair.

"Later! You're abusing me, System! What are you planning to do with my golds?!" I asked him, sitting down.

"We'll buy a skill!" he said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Probably at the store, but you don't have enough golds! And your hidden skills will only come out if you have a clan! Then level up to unlock it," said System.

"Whatever," I said to System, but in the end, he still forced me. Damn system, he sat on my face, and I almost couldn't breathe!

"Haha! You should follow your system!" he said, and I glared at him.

"Yuck! Don't do that, you look gay!" he said.

Now we're standing in front of the Silverwing Guild. I didn't pay attention to the stares until I reached the attendant.

"Ah, Miss," I called her because she seemed busy.

"Mr. Clint! You're back!" she said, smiling.

I scratched my head and smiled back.

"Y-yeah. So, I cleared a quest," I said to her.

"Really! That is nice! May I have your guild card and parts of your quest goal along with the paper quest?" She smiled, and I took out the guild card and the paper quest. Then I opened my bag and took out many spider eyes and boss core.

The attendant was surprised to see what I took out.

"T-this! You cleared a Rank D Quest?!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah," I grumpily replied, glaring at System. It's really his fault.

"T-that is unbelievable, Mr. Clint, but your level..." she said, looking at the top of my head.

Good thing I hid my level.

"It rose up," I said with a smile, and she smiled back at me.

"Okay! Please wait!" she said, and shortly after, she took out a bag of golds as payment for the spider eyes and boss core and handed me back my Guild Card.

"A total of 10,000! Please come back again!" she said, bowing. I was about to leave, but I wanted to get her name.

"Ah, if it's okay, may I know your name?" I asked, surprised to see her smiling.

"You can call me Helen," she smiled.

"Ah yeah, thank you, Ms. Helen," I said and left the Silverwing Guild.

"Eyy, making moves!" teased System.

"No way! I just wanted to know her name. I can't just keep calling her Miss or attendant, right?!" I said.

"Hmm, you're right. Then off we go to the store. We need to buy more clothes and also clothes that have enchantments of autoclean," said System, and we walked away.

I looked at my Guild card again, and Rose up to D Rank.