00. Prolouge

"Did you do something new to your hair? It looks fabulous!"

As the sun ascended in the sky over the small village in Devon, Sarah Dawson made her way to the bathroom, desperately needing a shower. As a single mother of three, she barely found time for herself as her full-time job on weekdays and hospital visits for her youngest son on Saturdays, making her life so stressful.

Stepping into her bathroom, she took off her robes and stepped into the shower, turning on the tap and relaxing the moment the water touched her skin. With a satisfied sigh, she reached out for the shampoo bottle, not realising that disaster was about to occur.

After showering, Sarah began drying her hair when she noticed the towel had a stain of yellowish green. As panic rose in her, she ran to the nearby mirror and let out a scream.

"SOPHIA!"

As her mother roared her name, Sophia Dawson sprinted through the house, laughing uncontrollably, avoiding her mother's arms in attempts to catch her.

This was Sophia Dawson; the young girl who had a knack for mischief making. The village knew her very well for this. She was setting off dung bombs around the area, putting dye in shampoos and making Mr Hobbs go completely bald.

Her excuse was that he was already losing hairs, and she did him a favour. Their neighbours would show up regularly to the Dawsons' house, complaining and telling to get 'her kid in order'. Sarah tried, but all attempts were unsuccessful.

The girl bolted through the door, ignoring her mother's shouts, and ran into the meadow. She kept running until she reached a big oak tree, her special hiding place. She would stay here during those days she wanted to escape the problems at home, like when her parents got a divorce or when family tried to convince her mother to send her to the behaviour school.

Trying to catch her breath, she climbed up the tree and sat there, staring at the bark where she had engraved her initials. Resting her head on her arms behind her head, the girl closed her eyes, enjoying the chirp of the bird and cool breeze, thinking deeply of the moments.

After what seemed like hours, the girl returned home to see her mother, sister, and brother sitting on the couch silently. She carefully slipped past them, hoping to go unnoticed. "Sophia." Sarah called out as her daughter froze, slowly turning to the woman.

"Why, good evening, mother." Sophia said cheerly. "Did you do something new to your hair? It looks fabulous!" She said, flashing her most charming smile while looking at her mother's hair, which was a shade of light puke green. Her brother and sister, Austin and Alexis, started giggling but were shushed by their mother's look.

Rather than shouting at her, Sarah threw something at her, a letter. The girl's puzzled look asked her mother why she was given it, hooping for answers, but none came.

The girl slowly ripped the letter open, reading the words aloud on the page, watching a small smile form on the corner of her mother's mouth.

Dear Miss Dawson,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. The term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

The girl let out a squeal of excitement, practically jumping. "I'm going to Hogwarts!" She shouted happily, "I'm going to Hogwarts!" Sarah chuckled at her daughter as she hugged her mother. "Are we going Diagon Alley shopping? Can we go now? Please?"

"Tomorrow morning, love." Her mother said with an ever-growing smile, "Let's first go eat dinner."

As the family settled in their kitchen, news reached the village that Sophia Dawson would be attending some boarding school. They expected the girl's mischievous personality to finally be tamed, yet only if they knew, rather than disappearing, it only grew into something more.

(A.N.)

I don't do author notes in my stories, but I want to do it for this one. So now that the prolouge is finally done, we can get into the interesting part of the story.

Bear in mind that the story does take place in Goblet of Fire, so it's going to be interesting.

Anyway, I think you've had enough of my yapping. I'll see you in the chapter then.

Toodles!