Prologue

Shira's world had always been simple. The mundane rhythm of school, her small apartment shared with her mother, and late-night video games were the extent of her life. She didn't fit in anywhere—not at school, not with the cliques of other teens her age. But in the virtual worlds she played, Shira was unstoppable. She was fierce, decisive, and powerful. Reality, however, never gave her such freedom.

It was on an ordinary night, headphones over her ears, fingers flying over the controller, that it happened. She'd been immersed in one of her favorite games, a complex strategy RPG, when the screen flickered. At first, she thought it was a glitch, some software bug that would force her to restart, but instead, something strange occurred. The flicker intensified, bathing her room in a blinding light. She yanked off her headset and rubbed her eyes, only to realize she wasn't in her bedroom anymore.

The sky above her was an impossible shade of blue, the kind that existed only in fantasy landscapes

Massive skyscrapers stretched into the horizon, their architecture a strange fusion of futuristic steel and ancient stone

Massive skyscrapers stretched into the horizon, their architecture a strange fusion of futuristic steel and ancient stone. The wind carried unfamiliar sounds—distant roars of creatures, the hum of flying machines, and the whispers of an unseen crowd. She was somewhere else. Somewhere alien.

Her breath caught in her throat. This was the world she had only read about, seen in her screens—*the world of Mha*, a universe of unimaginable power, heroes, and villains.

Suddenly, a voice rang out from nowhere, deep and resonant, shaking the ground beneath her feet.

"Shira... You have been chosen."

She turned in every direction, but there was no one. The voice, though it echoed all around her, felt as if it spoke directly to her mind.

"You are not of this world, but here, you may have a chance to claim power. Choose now, wisely, what abilities you wish to possess. But be warned—the stronger the ability, the fewer you shall have."

Shira's heart raced. This couldn't be real, could it? She looked down and realized she was no longer in her familiar clothes but instead outfitted in a sleek, futuristic suit, designed for battle. It felt like something out of one of her games. A digital interface appeared in front of her, with an array of options blinking in and out of focus. Super strength, flight, elemental control, teleportation—the list went on. Her mind whirled.

The temptation was overwhelming. She could choose *anything*. To be all-powerful, to be unstoppable. But as her fingers hovered over the strongest powers, she felt a tug of hesitation. The voice's warning echoed in her head—*the stronger the power, the fewer you'd have*. Could she survive with just one overwhelming ability, or should she spread her choices thinner, allowing for more versatility?

Time seemed to stand still as she deliberated. She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and with a swift, decisive movement, selected her kit. As soon as her choice was made, the interface vanished. Her suit hummed to life, and power coursed through her veins. She felt... different. Stronger, yes, but also aware that her decision had limits. She had taken a risk, choosing just a few abilities, each potent, but together they could either make her a hero—or her downfall.

The voice spoke again, softer now, almost as if smiling."Your journey begins now. Survive, conquer, or fall, Shira. The world of Mha awaits."And with that, she felt the ground beneath her shift. The landscape stretched out, vast and filled with dangers and opportunities she could scarcely imagine. Shira clenched her fists, feeling the pulse of her new power for the first time.Whatever this world had in store, she was ready.