Chapter 10- "One Life."

(Oop I didn't die haha)

4 months later...

Charlotte awoke to the warm glow of sunlight peeking through the curtains of her and Mia’s hotel room. The air was crisp and clean, filled with the scent of pine and freshness. She inhaled the peace deeply into her lungs as she stretched out her legs. Hotel sheets rustled underneath her, alerting Mia to her awakeness. 

“You’re awake.” Mia smiled as she watched Charlotte’s face scrunch up as she stretched. 

“They’re getting married today.” Charlotte rolled over to face Mia with a smile.

“I know, Marjorie only mentioned it eight thousand times last night.” Mia rolled her eyes, but she couldn’t stop the smile appearing on her lips. Despite her best efforts, she and Marjorie had actually grown close. Mia would never admit it, but she owed a lot to Marjorie. While Charlotte was in recovery, Marjorie would take shifts watching the girls so Mia could do some extra work. Autumn would cook meals for them all, which proved much better than the bout of food poisoning Mia and the girls had gotten from Marjorie’s casserole once. 

“I can honestly say that a few years ago, I never would have seen this coming.” Charlotte propped herself up on her elbows. 

“What, waking up in a forest next to a very, very attractive redhead?” Mia raised an eyebrow with a smirk. She leaned down and pressed a kiss to Charlotte’s lips. Charlotte giggled, playfully shoving Mia back. 

“No, I can safely say I never saw that either. But I mean Marjorie and Autumn. I really thought Marjorie would marry Reece. We all did.” Mia couldn’t stifle the laugh that came from her mouth. 

“Oh, baby. Reecey always ends up with the closeted lesbians. It was only a matter of time.” Charlotte shook her head with a grin as she rolled off the bed onto her feet. She softly padded across the floor to the window, pulling back the curtains to reveal the gorgeous wooded land in front of them. Marjorie and Autumn had pulled all the stops to have their dream wedding. Autumn wouldn’t budge on location, which Marjorie had gladly obliged to. The sky was painted a brilliant blue, with only a few scattered wispy clouds across it. Charlotte sighed happily as she looked out ahead of her. There were so many things she found now that made her feel thankful for the life she had almost given up. She still had her moments, but she let herself rely on Mia and her love for her daughters to get through the dark moments. Lost in herself, she hadn’t noticed Mia had come up behind her. It wasn’t until her arms slipped around Charlotte’s waist that she recognized the presence.

“I didn’t think I’d see this, Mia.” Charlotte whispered with a trembling lip. Mia pressed a kiss to Charlotte’s cheek softly. 

“I am so proud of you.” Mia hummed gently into Charlotte’s ear. “We should get around, Marjorie will go crazy if you aren’t there.” Charlotte giggled as she turned her body to fit against Mia’s. 

“She will. But she can wait a few minutes. I have some things to take care of first.” Charlotte smirked. 

“What kind of- Oh!” Mia yelped as Charlotte pushed her back onto the bed. “Oh we are so gonna be late.”

**

“We’re here! We’re here!” Charlotte yelled as she burst into Marjorie’s dressing room. Her eyes immediately fell to the floor, where Marjorie was sat with her legs crossed and her dress in her lap. “Marjorie, what's going on?” Charlotte lifted up the fabric of her silk golden dress and ran over to sit next to her friend. 

“I didn’t know what to start with...” Marjorie ran her fingers across her dress. Charlotte smiled softly.
“Come here. Let’s get you dressed.” Charlotte stood up, reaching down to grab Marjorie’s hand. “Mia? Door!” Charlotte shouted over her shoulder. Mia clicked her tongue as she turned to shut the door.