Chapter Three - The talent show

Hellooo! Thanks for reading my story! Means a lot! And if you like it, I'd like to know. xx Enjoy!

Oh, shit. How long had he been standing there? 30 seconds? A minute? Five minutes? How the hell did I not see him? Why didn't he say anything? And, more importantly, why does he look so shocked? What annoys me is that I can't understand his facial expression. I thought I knew everything when it comes to Aaron, but looks like I'm wrong. What should I do now? What should I say? I just decide to put away my headphones, when Aaron breaks the silence:

"Do that again." 

I was not expecting him to say that. I am not going to do that again. My second name is "shy". 

"Aaron, that was nothing. I was just.. fooling around.."

"Fooling around my ass. Harry, you have a great voice! How comes I don't know about it?"

"Nobody knows about it. In fact, there's nothing to know about."

"Nothing to kn... are you kidding me?" This time I saw it. He was serious. Dead serious. "If you think you are going to hide this from everyone, you are bloody wrong!"

I wanted to say something.. but I couldn't. I guess that, deep down, I kind of hoped that someone would say something like that to me. I am trying to avoid eye contact, but I was just making the situation more uncomfortable. You know what? He's right. I can't hide forever. Maybe I'll fail, I'm aware of that. But what if it turns out well? What if.. 

"So..?" his voice is distinctly lower "Come on! Let's pick a song for the talent show."

The talent show?!? There are only three days left. I have no time do get ready. But, despite all these, I decide to follow him. 

-----------

Me and Aaron arrive at my home quite quick and we go straight to my room. Aaron starts listing a few songs, but I don't like any of them. 

"You know.. maybe you can try 'Fix you'.. It sounded really good in the bakery."

Yes. Good idea! I search it on Youtube and put my headphones on. It's easier with them on. The music starts and I feel like I'm in a trance.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed" I take a deep breath, but I'm encouraged by Aaron's smile "When you get what you want, but not what you need"....

-----------

It's amazing how time flies. I could swear it was yesterday when I woke up in the first day of school, met with Aaron there.. And now, here I am. In the morning of the big talent show day. Normally, I wouldn't fear so much, but this year is different. I can feel it.

"Hey, mate! Ready to go?" Aaron asks me, with an obvious excitement in his voice.

"Yeah, let me grab my bag." I sound so calm, but this is so far from how i really feel.

I wish I could just freeze the moment and forget about everything.. but I can't give up now. Not after all the help Aaron gave me. I can't disappoint him, or my mum, who is even more excited. So, in what felt like two seconds, I'm at school. 

 Everybody around me is all excited and preoccupied, and I'm just there, the boy who thinks he can sing, waiting for his turn on the stage.

Our headmaster takes the microphone and starts a really looong speech about how everybody has his own talent and how this show's purpose is make it come to light. I hear his last words, "Now, let the show begin". A round of applause comes next. Ohh, everything is all so scheduled! I start hearing names. 'Ryan' names. He does the same thing every year. He and his friends make a choreography and, well, dance. It's not bad, but not as great as they think it is. Oh, they're done. Finally!. 

"Now, everyone, let's welcome... Harry Styles!" Wait, what? Already? No, no, no, I can't go up there! "Harry Styles?" No, stop calling my name!

"Harry, what are you waiting for?" I guess there's nothing I can do about it. I stand up, man up and go to that bloody stage. 

"What are you going to present, Harry?"

"Urmm.. I'll sing 'Fix you' by Coldplay". Yep, there's no way out of it. I hear the music starting and I just freeze. I can't say a simple word. 

"Can you put it again, please?" Okay, I can't screw this up. Focus, Harry! I can hear Ryan and , basically, everyone there making fun of me, but this makes me more determined! I don't even realise when the first words of the song slip out of my mouth. But they do.. and it feels good.

"And I will try to fix you...". I barely whisper the last words. All I can hear is silence. My heart almost stopped. I think I start crying, but then something happens. I lift my head and see Aaron standing up and clapping. Then my mum. Then my teacher. And it continued like this until everybody was standing and clapping. I've never felt like this before. This.. thing in my stomach. Tears come streaming down my face, but this time, they are of joy. 

 I nod slightly and then run towards my mother. She gives me the biggest hug ever. I can see the tears in her eyes too. I made her proud. And this is a damn good feeling.

------------

I'm awakened by some stupid noise coming from downstairs. I stretch a bit and then decide to go and check. I'm surprised to see my mum, caring some bags outside.

"Oh, good you're up! Eat something and then go and pack you're stuff!!"

Stuff? What the hell is going on?

"Mum, what's happening?" I ask after yawning a bit!

"We're visiting grandma in London, darlin'"

"WHAT?!? What for?"

"So you can audition for X Factor, Harry! Where have you been?"

-------------

A/N: So, what do you think? You like it? Fan?? Vote?? Comment??  Maybe?? 

I'd really like to know what you think!

Thanks for reading!

~Ioana~