19. Dreams comes true and don't comes true.

The wedding day arrived, and the sun kissed everyone with joy. It felt as though not just the country, but the whole world, was celebrating Vyn's big day. For his fans, it was a dream wedding, even if, for them, it was only ever a fantasy. Reality had now set in.

The morning bloomed differently for everyone. For Lyra, it was filled with happiness, excitement, blushes, dreams, and endless expectations. But for Lena, despite being under the same sky, breathing the same air, and feeling the same sunlight, it was a morning she dreaded. Waking up felt like facing a Monday after a sleepless night-heavy with pain and endless thoughts of whether she should even attend the wedding.

She entered the bathroom, staring at her reflection in the mirror. "She talked to herself, asking, 'What is the harshest thing in this life?' She answered, 'Love.'
Falling in love with an unexpected person at an unexpected time, and the love disappears from your hands when you realize. Unexpectedly.'"

A sigh escaped her lips. It wasn't just her own sorrow she carried. She was genuinely happy for Vyn, but the love she had for him was impossible to forget. Everywhere she turned, she saw him-his songs, his smile, the funny videos she had watched for over ten years. It was all coming to an end. The delusion, the fantasy. She smiled bitterly at the thought.

The news of his wedding had finally sunk in. Taking a deep breath, Lena stepped into the shower. As she turned towards the bathtub, memories of Luke washed over her, drawing a small, brief smile from her lips.

She dressed herself perfectly for the occasion, carefully placing her earrings. As she glanced at herself in the mirror, thoughts of Fathima resurfaced. "We've been friends for fourteen years. You know me, and I know you." Lena paused, her heart aching. "I never had the courage to tell Vyn how I felt, but you did. I was happy for you, Fathi, but now..." Her tears started falling, smudging her makeup. "Now, everything is about to change, and it's going to be a big shock for you."

She sobbed quietly, the pain overwhelming her. "I can bear this, but you... You can't. You made a mistake, but at least you should have shown up to face it. It's been two years, and still, Vyn's searching for you." Lena wiped her face, her voice breaking. "Why did you do this to yourself, Fathi?"

Her body trembled with sobs as the tears kept flowing, ruining the careful makeup she'd applied. "I just want to see you in her place. I wish it was you standing beside him today." She cried harder, feeling the weight of her own sadness and her friend's absence. "I want to tell you it's okay, that I'm here for you, that you can stay strong. I want us to run along the shoreline, scream until it feels like the world is right again. But will it ever happen?"

Lena splashed cold water on her face, trying to calm down. She carefully redid her makeup and hair, determined to put on a brave face for Vyn's wedding, her celebrity crush's big day.

Watching a star from afar is a joy, she thought to herself. But falling in love with that star, only to realize it's destined to burst and be reborn for someone else, is a heartache unlike any other.

___________________

Finally, Lena arrived at the wedding venue, invitation card in hand. The decorations left her amazed. It was breathtaking-flowers everywhere, filling the hall with their sweet fragrance. Actors from all over the world, musicians she had admired since her childhood, and even K-pop idols were in attendance, making her heart race. She could hardly believe where she was standing.

Vyn's family stood together, dressed elegantly in traditional hanbok, their faces glowing with joy. As Lena approached, their smiles paused for a moment, noticing her presence. Before she could feel uncomfortable, Luke quickly ran over, casually draping an arm around her shoulder.