Chapter 5

Sorry for the wait :c
I feel so bad. guuuuiiiiiseeee. I promise I'll make it up c:
BUT SO. NEWS.

Game Over is going to be updated vvvvvvvvv soon. I PROMISE. I HAVE A REASON WHY I HAVEN'T UPDATED GAME OVER...

Some stuff has been happening in my life and the book is actually based off of my life. Or well.. a really big part of it. Yeah. But everything changed and I had to figure out a way to fit what's currently happening into something that did happen. AND WELL I THINK I HAVE THE PERFECT IDEA. You guys will find out very soon I promise. :D

Now for this book.. I haven't been updating because like. Summmerrr. Sleeeep. Boyyfriiennd. Ugh. BUT I PROMISE. I will update all three of my books soon. Just don't hate me if it takes like a week or two. I'm tryinnggg!

Okay, that's all. NOW REEEAADD.
--------------
Ashton's P.O.V.

"Eeeek!"I screech into the phone as he laughs, his voice echoing from the phone to the radio.

"Excited, yeah?" He questions.

"Most definitely." I smile and nod a bunch, my dad looking at me as if I've lost my mind.

"You know," the radio guy begins. "There's three tickets, who're you gonna be taking with you? Your special somebody? Family member?"

I giggle a little, I'm not really sure why it just fits the moment. "My best friend is obsessed with As It Is, seeing them in concert would make her go crazy."

"Aw, look at you. I think you deserve the best best friend award."

"Yeeahh." I nod.

"Well, you'd better call and tell her that YOU have got a major surprise for her."

"Okay," I smile and hang up, dialing Carson's number as we pull into the parking lot of a small burger joint down the street from my house.

"Ash?" She questions once she picks up the phone, a series of muffled noises following.

"Hey, girl, hey!" I cheer as my dad parks the car and leans back into his seat.

Another noise is made before she says, "uhm. Hey! Shi- fu- What's up?"

My mind is taken over with worry but I decide to shrug it off. She's probably cleaning, her being the clean freak she is. "Well, I just won tickets for As It Is and I was thinking, since you love them so much, you'd wanna go." I smile into the phone and can tell that she's grinning too.

"Really?!" She shrieks. "When is it?"

"Saturday, doors open at seven."

"Oh fuck, Ash, that's the day I'm out of town." She sighs and I imagine her face dropping.

My smile turns into a frown as well, my plan had failed. "Wasn't that next weekend, though?"

"No," she says. "It's this weekend. How could you forget? I've only been talking about this trip for like, what? Nine, ten months? It's the day I'm meeting Andrew in real life, I can't miss it."

"Yeah, yeah. I know." Andrew is Car's boyfriend thing, she met him online on this weird chatting game and apparently they got on really well and stuff happened. They've broken up twice over the past year, but they're sure it'll work out. They've never met in real life but Carson has been dreaming about the day that they would. I can remember all the sleepovers we would have and stay up all night talking about our crushes, she would just blabber on about him. It got annoying sometimes, but in the end I think I kind of envy her. She's got something most people would only dream of and I'm extremely happy that she gets to bring it into real life. She's testing her limits and I'm excited for her.

"I'm sorry, Freckles. I wish I could go." I almost laugh at the use of my childhood nickname. She gave it to me when we were around five.

I sigh instead. "Well, I guess I'll find someone else who'll go with me. But I doubt there's anyone who's as obsessed with them as much as you are." She chuckles and there's another noise in the background.

"True," another noise and a muffled voice speaks. "Hey, I've gotta go. I'll call you later."

"Alright, talk to you later." She hangs up and I look over at my father who's been waiting oh so patiently for the past ten minutes.

"Ready, my little Duckling?" I giggle and nod, us both opening our doors and climbing out at the same time. Once we get to the sidewalk, he looks at me straight in the eye. "Race you to the door?"

"You're on."

We both run to the door and I nearly trip over the curb. He laughs at my clumsiness but I take that moment and use it to my advantage, running past him as he slows down slightly.

He seems to realize that I've past him as he says. "Oh, no you don't."

His laughing comes to a halt as he speeds up, passing me and beating me to the door. I come up shortly after him and we're both panting by now.

"I demand a rematch!" I shout as he opens the door for me. "That was so not fair. I nearly fell!"

He laughs loudly and I join him. "Maybe on the way out."

Some guy wearing a blue shirt and a nametag walks up to us. "Table for.. two?" He looks between my father and I, neither of us can't seem to stop laughing.

Finally, my father's laughter dies down and he answers him with yes before the guy leads us to our table which is a window booth about ten feet away from the bar. He hands us our menus and walks away, promising to send someone else out.

"So, duckling," my dad begins, looking down at the menu in his hands. "What're you gonna get?"

I smile up at him, staring him right in the eyes. "A chicken sandwich with a side of fries, the usual, of course." I fold my hands over the menu and watch as a brown haired boy walks out of a door across the small room and over to our table. I mentally facepalm once I realize that I've come face to face with Adam, the boy with piercing blue eyes who claims to be in need of a fake girlfriend.

"Ashton," he speaks, his hands nearly frozen on his note pad.

I swallow a little hard. "Adam."

--------

OKAY. THAT WAS LIKE IDK.
hope that satisfies you guys for a little bit.
BUT ITS 2AM AND IM TIRED BC I HAVEN'T SLEPT IN TWO DAYS. but i'm sorry that I couldn't write anymore. i really wanted to. and I know I never write my little A/N's at the beginning of the chapter, that was just really important