Chapter 3

DAN

He's at the bus stop waiting for the bus obviously. The new kid walks up next to him, he seems shy. "Hi." He says quietly, loud enough for dan to hear. "Hello." Dan awkwardly smiles at him and waves. "I'm Phil, what's your name?" Phil smiles at him. Dan can feel his cheeks grow red "Dan! My name is Dan." He blurts out. Soon after the bus arrives, they both get on. "Can I sit with you?" Phil asks. "I- uh- sure." Dan scoots over and Phil sits next to him. About ten minutes they arrive at school and get off the bus. Anthony and Louise wave at dan. "They're calling me. I should go." He looks away. "Alright! See you later Dan!" Phil says jokingly. Dan waves at Phil, he waves back.

"Ohhhh who was that?" Louise asks with a slight smirk. "I think he said his name was Phil." He responds. "The new kid? Wow." Anthony says with a surprised tone. "What?" Dan asks, "I don't know, it's just surprising." Anthony responds. The bell rings about 6 minutes later and they walk to class.

"Good morning everyone! This month, we're going to have a group project. I'm going to choose two people to pair up." Dan zones out after a while. "Duos? Why duos? Do they want me to die?" Dan thinks. "Dan and Phil, you two are paired together. Will you two sit together please?" His teacher announces. "Phil? Phil. Phil!" He smiles to himself. "Hi!" Phil says snapping dan out of it. "Oh, hey." Dan sits up and smiles at Phil. "I'm glad I got you out of everyone here. I mean everyone here seems... I don't know.. rude..?" He looks at dan nervously. "Yeah, they pretty much are. I mean pj and Chris are fine but everyone else sucks." Dan shrugs and sits back in his chair. "Do you like drawing?" Phil asks pointing out dans sketchbook. Dan immediately closes it which startles Phil. "Yeah, sorry." He says putting the book into his bag.