Part 1 -meetings-

AN : Ezreal has a fake name ( Makoto :) )
---

Y/N groaned, rubbing her temples in frustration. She had lost the last three games while playing her favorite MOBA.

"Makoto, stop feeding your lane! I can't take this anymore—I'm going to lose my mind!" she exclaimed, waving her hands in the air and practically yelling into her headset.

"Gah... I'm sorry. I've just been so tired lately," Makoto, or rather, Ezreal, replied with a weary voice.

He hadn't been focused at all. The intense training for Heartsteel and the looming deadline for their new song had left him completely drained. He couldn't even spare a moment to rest, and it had begun to show in his gameplay.

Y/N sighed, her fingers drumming lightly on the desk. She could hear the exhaustion in his voice.

"Hey, how about we just take a break and chill for a bit?" she suggested, her tone softening. She was concerned. Ezreal sounded even more tired than usual.

But for Ezreal, exhaustion wasn't the only thing gnawing at him. Every time she called him "Makoto," his stomach twisted in guilt. He wasn't just some random guy she met online; he was *the* Ezreal from Heartsteel, and she had no idea. The longer he kept up the lie, the worse he felt. And it didn't help that, while he knew almost everything about her, what she looked like, her quirks, her favorite games, she knew nothing about who he really was.

He sighed deeply, the weight of his secrets feeling unbearable. Hesitantly, he spoke into his mic, his voice quieter now.

"Y/N, I'm sorry... but I need to log off."

"Oh... okay. See you tomorrow?" she replied, disappointment clear in her voice.

He hummed a half-hearted "yes" into the mic before disconnecting the call.

Ezreal collapsed onto his bed, his mind racing with guilt and uncertainty. He stared at the ceiling, groaning as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What am I going to do?" he muttered to himself. "I promised her we'd meet after three years of talking... and now it's happening at the end of the month."

He groaned again, resting his phone on his forehead and tapping it lightly, frustration bubbling up inside him.

"I'm such an idiot... She's going to hate me."

———————————————————-

Ezreal had tried to sleep off the guilt, but every time he closed his eyes, his thoughts kept racing. After what felt like hours of tossing and turning, he gave up and wandered into the kitchen. To his surprise, he found Kayn, Sett, and Yone already there.

Kayn glanced up at him, tilting his head with a smirk.

"Man, what happened to you? You look like you haven't slept in days. Maybe logging off Discord once in a while wouldn't kill you."

Yone gave a subtle nod, his way of agreeing.

Ezreal slumped into the nearest chair, his slim but muscular frame sagging under the weight of exhaustion. He pulled his hoodie tighter around himself, sinking into it, frustration evident in his face as he stared at the table.

"I'm such an idiot," he muttered, rubbing his eyes.

Kayn raised his eyebrows, wide-eyed with amusement, before bursting into laughter. But before he could say anything, Yone delivered a swift smack to the back of Kayn's neck, silencing him. He gave Ezreal a steady look, encouraging him to explain.

"You guys remember Y/N, right?" Ezreal began, his voice soft but filled with anxiety. "We're supposed to meet at the end of the month... but I still haven't told her about me."