14

When Amisha's eyes fluttered open again, she was no longer enveloped in the surreal, shifting landscapes of the dream realm

When Amisha's eyes fluttered open again, she was no longer enveloped in the surreal, shifting landscapes of the dream realm. Instead, she found herself lying on her own bed, the familiar surroundings of her room is offering a stark contrast to the otherworldly experience she had just endured.

She sat up quickly and her breath is coming in short, ragged gasps. The sun was streaming through her window, and the chirping of birds outside was a stark reminder of reality. Her heart was still racing, and she rubbed her eyes, trying to shake off the remnants of what she hoped was just an elaborate dream.

Amisha glanced around her room, searching for some explanation for how she had gotten back home. The details of her journey from the café to her bedroom were fuzzy, and she couldn't recall how she had managed the transition. The memory of Kairav's presence was vivid and unsettling, making her question the boundary between dreams and reality.

Determined to make sense of it all, Amisha resolved to seek professional help. She grabbed her phone, her hands trembling slightly as she dialed her psychiatrist's number, hoping that a conversation with a mental health professional might help her understand what had just happened.

Just as she was about to leave a voicemail, her bedroom door creaked open. Amisha's heart skipped a beat. Her breath caught in her throat as she turned slowly towards the door.

Standing there, framed by the doorway with an almost ethereal glow was Kairav. His presence was as captivating as ever, his gaze as intense and enigmatic as before. He looked at her with that same serene smile, the kind that seemed to hold a thousand untold stories.

Amisha's mind raced, unable to reconcile the sight before her with the reality she had just attempted to accept. Her confusion and fear reached a breaking point, and without thinking, she let out a scream so piercing it felt as if it could shatter the very walls of her room.

The shrill cry reverberated through the house and out into the garden. The chirping birds outside took flight in a flurry of panicked wings, their sudden departure adding to the chaos of the moment.

Kairav's expression didn't waver; he remained calm and collected, even as Amisha's scream filled the room with a sense of urgency and dread. He moved towards her with deliberate, unhurried steps, his eyes filled with an emotion that was both comforting and enigmatic.

Kairav: Amisha, it's alright. You're safe. There's no need to be afraid.

His voice was soothing, but it did little to quell the whirlwind of emotions inside her. Amisha scrambled off the bed, her heart pounding furiously in her chest.

Amisha: How are you here? How did you get into my house?

Kairav: The boundaries between our worlds are not as rigid as you might think. Our connection allows me to reach you even when you are in your own space. I needed to ensure that you were alright after what happened.

Amisha backed away, her hands clutching her head as if to hold her thoughts together. The dreamlike quality of their previous encounter seemed to have spilled over into her waking life, making her question her own sanity.

Amisha: This can't be real. I must be losing my mind.

Kairav: It is very real, Amisha. The experiences you have had are a part of a greater reality that you are now part of. I am here to guide you through this transition.

Amisha's thoughts spun in disarray, and she felt the edges of panic begin to close in. Despite Kairav's calm demeanor, the surreal nature of the situation made it hard for her to grasp any semblance of normality.

Desperate to regain control, she took a deep breath and attempted to steady her voice.

Amisha: I don't understand any of this. I need to process it, figure out what's happening. I need time to think.

Kairav's gaze remained steady, and he took another step closer, his presence a comforting anchor in the storm of her emotions.

Kairav: I understand. Take all the time you need. But know this , I am here whenever you are ready to confront the path that lies ahead. The journey we are on is one of discovery, and you are not alone.

As Kairav spoke, Amisha felt a small, tentative spark of hope amidst the chaos. She nodded slowly, though her mind was still a tangle of confusion and fear.

Kairav: For now, I will give you space. Just remember, I am always near if you need something.

With those words, Kairav turned and walked back toward the door. As he stepped out, he gave her one last, reassuring look before closing the door behind him.

Amisha was left alone in her room, the echoes of her scream is still lingering in the air. The sight of Kairav's retreating figure left her with more questions than answers, but she knew that whatever lay ahead, she would have to face it head-on. As the reality of her situation began to sink in, she took another deep breath, preparing herself for the bewildering journey that awaited her.

Amisha tried to think about her past again. She has this feeling that she knows him somehow. She is feeling extremely familiar with his presence. She again got a flash if memories that she assumes as imaginations caused due to overthinking.

The soft glow of candlelight flickered in the room casting a playful shadows on the walls. She leaned against the edge of the bed and  her heart is racing as he  stepped closer with a playful smile dancing on his lips.

He brushed his fingers along her arm and whispered, 

Kairav : I promise I'll always be here for you.

His lips pressed gently against her forehead and dropped a feather-light kiss that made her smile.

He pulled back just enough to catch her gaze and  then leaned in again. 

Kairav : I'll make you laugh on your worst days."

This time, he placed a soft kiss on her temple , making her grin widen as warmth spread through her.

With each promise, he trailed kisses along her cheek, his lips are lingering playfully against her skin. 

Kairav : I promise to support your dreams.

he said by kissing her chin and causing a light chuckle to escape her lips.

Kairav : And I'll always listen.

he continued by  planting a gentle kiss on her throat, which made her breath hitch yet her smile remained bright and inviting.

As he dipped lower, he kissed the hollow of her collarbone and  his gaze is sparkling with mischief. 

Kairav : I'll never take you for granted.

 he murmured by pressing a kiss over her heart.

She could hardly contain her joy as she looked at him and her eyes are shining. Each promise came wrapped in affection, and with every kiss, her smile grew by filling the room with an electric energy that made everything feel possible.

Suddenly she felt a severe headache and opened her eyes. She searched for her pills but didn't find them. Her whole body is shivering and her hand got hit to a vase on her bed-side table. The vase fell down and broke into pieces by making sound.

...............

How's the chapter ?