𝟮𝟮․ Blossom Orphanage Part One

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO"It's slowly getting there

CHAPTER
TWENTY TWO
"It's slowly getting there."

A month passed fairly quickly, Jaeyun was alone sitting at his desk with piles of paperwork, new cases to read, and several unread messages. He raised his glasses as he read the case for the next day's court. It was the same issue, but different people. He ruffled his hair in frustration. "Why are these 36 through 60-year-old grown men such idiots?"

"Erm, is this bad timing?" A sudden voice was heard making Jaeyun snap from the papers in his head. He didn't notice the person entering the room. "Oh, Heeseung-hyung, my apologies. Just these men are so ugh!" Frustrated, He groaned, "It's the same issue these past days!" Pinching the top of his nose. "I want to punch these men so badly."

Heeseung was a bit speechless. He never saw Jaeyun like this. Well, since high school. He was a cold, and quiet person after that day. Rarely show any anger or frustration. "I get you, Jake-ah. Here, maybe I have something that may help you relax." He looked at his friend with a raised eyebrow. "What may that be?" He asked.

"Well, I got the address of the orphanage so Sunoo doesn't have to look at every nook and cranny for it." Jaeyun took off his glasses before putting them down. "So where is it?" He asked with a slight eagerness. Heeseung smiled as he went on his phone and read one of his messages. "Well, here it is." He pointed at the address in the message.

"How did you get it?" Jaeyun asked as he looked at the address. "Well, this person who I was talking to here was a good friend of mine. He has connections with Blossom Orphanage." He nodded understanding what Heeseung was saying. "Is the address real?"

Heeseung nodded in reply, "Yep, they hadn't moved places ever since they were founded, but there might be new staff." Jaeyun nodded. "I see, let's go." His friend's eyes widened, "Now?" He nodded, "I have no cases since it was supposedly my break, but you know me I don't do breaks very often nowadays." His friend sighed, "You should take breaks often, Jaeyun. I am worried about you."

Jaeyun smiled at his hyung. "It will be okay. I take my health and sleep seriously, just maybe not my breaks." Heeseung shook his head at his friend's stubbornness with a quiet sigh. "Did you get in contact with Heejin?" He asked the youngest. The youngest shook his head. "It has been a month and two weeks. Have you?" The youngest looked at his hyung.

Heeseung also shook his head. "I haven't either. I got in contact with her sister, but she doesn't know either. I hope she is doing alright." Jaeyun nodded in agreement. "I hope so too."

Both of them entered Jaeyun's car, he went to the driver's side while Heeseung went to the passenger side. He gave his phone to his friend. "Please enter the address." His friend nodded before taking the phone and put in the address. They sat in silence while waiting for the address to register in Naver Map. "Who is this friend of yours?" He asked, breaking the silence. "He's part of the investigation team for the police," his friend answered shortly.

Jaeyun nodded as he looked at his phone. Once the address was in, he quickly put his phone on the stand before buckling himself. Then put his car in reverse before driving mode. They drove out of the parking garage of his firm in the silence. Heeseung went on his phone when he felt his phone buzz. He saw new messages from his manager so he went to reply to them.

Not too long, they arrived at the Orphanage. The building looked brand new and probably got remodeled since it is now modern, but there are some old aspects still left. Giving the orphanage nostalgic vibes or close to it. Jaeyun stepped out of the car first then Heeseung after. "Oh, I remembered Sooah volunteered here before. I didn't know this is also where she lived before she got adopted," his friend said.

Jaeyun nodded. He looked at the building and remembered back in high school. Sooah would mention this Orphanage before saying something like it felt like home. Now he understood what she meant back then. He took a deep breath before walking towards the entrance. "So what is the plan?" Heeseung asked as he followed after his friend. Jake turned to his friend. "I have no idea, but I want to see some of the staff and the kids again." His friend raised his eyebrows. "Again? You have been here before?"

Jake nodded, "I have, but didn't really pay attention to the name of the orphanage or the address when walking here after school with Sooah." Heeseung nodded, looking at the building in front of him. "I see." They entered the building, meeting the receptionist. "Welcome to Blossom—Jaeyun-ah is that you?"

Jaeyun nodded with a smile plastered on his lips. "Mrs. Han, it seems you still work here." Mrs. Han nodded in reply. "I love the kids here. How are you doing? You look different and even more handsome." He shrugged, "It has been rough—I am an attorney now." The receptionist's eyes widened, "Oh really? That's amazing!"

She walked from behind the reception counter. "Who is this friend of yours?" Jaeyun turned to his friend before turning back to Mrs. Han. "This is Heeseung, Lee Heeseung, my hyung," he introduced him. The receptionist smiled at his friend. "It's a pleasure to meet you." Heeseung smiled and gave her a polite nod. "Come let's go. I am sure the others would love to see you again after years."

They followed the receptionist from behind. They passed some of the rooms. Heeseung peaked inside the rooms through the door, noticing little children and teens were sleeping inside. "It's still pretty early in the room so the children are still sleeping," she told them. They then walked into another room.

"Everyone! Guess who's back after years!" Mrs. Han stepped inside the room first. The staff turned to the receptionist then to two men behind her. Some of their eyes widened in surprise. "Jaeyun? As in Sim Jaeyun?" One of them asked after recognizing one of the men.

Jaeyun smiled at the staff and gave them a nod. "It has been a long time, Mrs. Hayashi." The woman quickly stood up from her chair and gave him a sudden hug. He was a bit startled before quickly hugging her back. She then broke the hug, looking at him from bottom to top. "You look much more mature and handsome."

He smiled at her. "Well, it has been years since I have been here." She nodded, agreeing with his comment, "How are you doing?" "I have become an attorney," he answered her. Her eyes widened, "I thought you were becoming a physics engineer or something like that. I remembered you hated being an attorney."

"Sometimes people change their mind," he said after thinking about what to say. She nodded, "That is true. Come let's sit down." They went to sit next to Mrs. Hayashi while Mrs. Han left the room to go back to the reception counter. "So I know you aren't here for talks. You seemed to be here more than that."

© 2024 RGYUITARZ

© 2024 RGYUITARZ. all right reserved