Chapter 7

Brantley's POV:

I set my phone on the coffee table when Riley didn't reply. I knew she read it, but I figured she wouldn't reply. It was probably a little asshole-ish of me to mention that I caught her, but I couldn't stop myself. It's good to know that I'm not the only one affected by the close quarters. I laid down on the couch, stretching out as much as I could and adjusted my shorts. 'Calm down boy.' I glared at my crotch, willing away the inconvenient erection. I tried to fall asleep, but the mental picture I had going made that impossible. Riley's gorgeous little body all flushed and needy. Her whimpering out my name. My name, of all things. She was thinking of me, and that thought made for a long ass night. By the time morning rolled around I was stiff from the couch, my back ached, and my head was pounding. The kids were up, I could hear them in the kitchen. So I figured I'd join them for breakfast. I limped into the kitchen, as I rounded the corner Riley looked up and saw me. She froze, then took off out of the room. The kids looked at me curiously. I told him to sit tight, that we'd be right back. Then I ran after Riley. I caught her arm right before she ran up the stairs, spinning her around and pressing her up against the wall. She gasped, still refusing to meet my eyes. I hauled her up off her feet, locking her legs around my hips, letting her feel that she wasn't the only one feeling it. She gasped as our hips came into contact. I tilted her face up to mine and leaned close. Instead of kissing her, I nuzzled my way to her ear. "You're not the only one feeling it darlin. But I'm telling you now, lock your door. Otherwise I'm going to walk in that room, throw that useless, tiny little toy out the window, and show you what that little body of yours can really do." I growled and circled my hips against her. When I stepped back and set her on her feet, she wobbled. I smirked and headed upstairs to change into jeans and a tshirt, and to cool my ass down. That little encounter left me just as fired up as catching her playing last night had. When I came back downstairs, the kids had finished breakfast, and Riley was washing the dishes. I walked up behind her and pulled her hands out of the water. She jumped. "Easy. It's just me." I settled her as k dried her hands. "You cooked. I'll clean. You don't have to do everything by yourself Riley. I'm here." I told her genuinely. She nodded. "Thank you." She whispered and headed into the living room. I grabbed a large trash bag and went to the fridge. As I started pulling out all of the beer, and throwing it into the bag, I heard Riley ask, "What are you doing?" I stood and headed to the pantry, tossing the whiskey, the vodka, tequila, all of it. "I told you, I'm done. No more. I made a promise to myself, and to you that night. To those kids too." I told her honestly. She sniffled. A stray tear fell and she wiped at it furiously. "Shit, what's wrong Riley?" I asked worriedly. She broke into sobs and I tugged her to me. "I just miss them so much Brantley!" She sniffled into my chest. "It isn't fair!" She cried. I rocked her back and forth and held her as she cried. My chest tight as well. "I know honey, I miss them too." I tried to soothe her. Once she settled, we decided to take the kids out for lunch, then we could start school shopping. Uniforms, shoes, basic supplies we knew they'd need.

By the time the kids were settled in bed that night, Riley and I were exhausted. We plopped down on the couch with the intent to watch a movie, one that wasn't a cartoon. Not 10 minutes into it, Riley was slumped against me, her eyes sleepy. "You smell nice. You always smell nice." She mumbled absentmindedly. I chuckled. "And you always smell like ice cream, it makes me wanna eat you up." I said without thinking. Riley shuddered in my arms, her fingers tightened in my tshirt. I nuzzled her neck, my lips brushing across a spot behind her ear that made her whimper. I turned her face to mine. "Tell me to stop. Tell me to take my hands off of you, then go up those stairs and lock the door Riley. Tell me now." I warned her. In response, she wiggled even closer, running her hands over my chest and abs. She bit her lip then looked up at me. "I can't do that Brantley. Because it'd be a lie. I don't want you to stop. I don't want you to take your hands off me, not even for a second, and I damn sure don't want to go upstairs." She whispered, blushing. I hauled her fully into my lap and kissed her. Nothing extreme. Just a slow, hot, wet kiss that had her toes curling and my eyes rolling up into my skull. She tasted even better than she smelled. Riley purred into my mouth and went soft in my arms. When we finally came up for air, her eyes were still closed, her lips swollen from my kisses, and her cheeks red from my beard. She relaxed against me, sighing contentedly as we snuggled into the couch. Trading kisses and talking until we finally dozed off.