CHAPTER 1

From my hotel in Fiji, ive was picked up in a black car with another beautiful woman inside, i step in dressed in my black mini dress and heels. She was dressed in a long yellowish green dress with a slit at her cleavage, she had beautiful braided hair and a gorgeous face. "Hi!" she grabs my hand pulling me to sit with her in the backseat of the car "hey" i reply when i meet new people i often accidentally come off as a bit awkward "my name's serena, what's yours?" she smiles, "Maria" i say "deadass that's such a beautiful name" she says, i smile as my thanks.

As we arrived, we both stepped out. We were told cameras were rolling recording our entrance so we had to make it as enthusiastic as possible. I'm not really good at showing my enthusiasm so I guess it's time to show off my acting skills. I'm sure the girls will be lovely nonetheless.

The villa looks absolutely amazing, it's massive with tropical plants and neon colors and a massive pool. I was actually impressed. There was a group of girls also in the villa shouting looking pretty excited holding champagne glasses looking in me and Serena's direction.

We both walked up to each other "omg hello!!" The girls scream out, everyone is hugging each other.
The girls introduce themselves. There's Kaylor, a blonde dressed in blue, Hannah in leopard print, Jana in orange, and lastly Leah in a magenta. It was really good to see that the girls seem loving and kind, afterall i am going to be with them all summer, but I think we started off on a good page.

We all sat around the yellow couch around the fire pit sipping on our champagne, discussing things amongst ourselves as someone else pulled up at the villa "who's that?" Leah questions. Ariana Madix, this season's Love Island host, she looks beautiful. She walks up to us with a huge smile "Hello ladies, i'm the host for this season's love island!" Everyone cheers for her and I clap my hands. "Are we excited to be here for your summer?" she questions "yes!I'm sick of boys. I'm ready for a man to finally settle down and get married!" One of the girls said, i think to myself, is it really possible to find someone like that on a TV reality show? Nah.. "I'm glad" Ariana says chuckling.

"What about you maria, you've been a bit quiet" Ariana calls me out, i didn't really expect to be asked. "Oh, uhm yeah it would be a miracle to find someone who really loves me for me" i confess, the girls all awe me. "I wish you guys all the best...now who's ready to meet the guys?" she asks everyone to cheer again as I clap , smirking. 'Bring on the boys whooooo!" Jana screams.

A group of boys all come walking in their direction, a guy in a neon green suit catches my eye first, but then is immediately drawn to a fair brunette with green eyes, he's tall and is wearing a pretty sophisticated gray suit. They all came to sit around us, the brunette boy sits across Maria on the yellow seats nexto Leah.
"Okay ladies, I'm happy to introduce the boys. Here's Coye, Aaron, Kordell, Kendall and Rob" so that's his name...Rob, how simple maybe shortened from Robert. "Hello" i said in general as so did the others, Kordell was sitting next to me, he looked at me "hello beautiful, you know my name what's yours" hes slick with his words "Maria" i say bluntly "beautiful girl with a beautiful name" i chuckle "maybe save the flirting for the challenge" he holds his hands up in defeat "fair enough dawg"

Ariana starts talking once again "before you guys get too comfortable we're shaking things up this season, instead of coupling up we decided to start with a game to get to know the person a bit more, with icebreakers" the girls look at eachother and so do the guys. "The game is an islander must crack open the icecube to where a card containing a question which they will answer by kissing the person that best fits the description of first impressions" the islanders look shocked "try before u buy eh?" one of the guys said.

Jana went first, "kiss two islanders who give you green-flag vibes" she walked over and chose to kiss Coye and Kordell. Aaron went second "Kiss the islander you think would have the highest body count" he didn't kiss this person because he thought they had the highest body count but simply because he wanted to, cute...he kissed Kaylor. Next was Rob, "kiss the islander you are most intimidated by" he first looks in my direction but then kisses leah, okay? Kordell went out and read his card "kiss the islander who looks like a heartbreaker" he kissed Serena. My turn was next "Kiss the islander who looks like a player" you scoff, you walk over to Rob, only because he seems to chill and it scares me how much he reminds me of me. "Oh really?" Rob says, taking my hand under his breath. "Shut Up" I say as I kiss him, I have to stand on my tippy toes. He's pretty tall. As we both pull away he just stares at me with his jade eyes. "That was awfully intimate" Kordell says, "he's just mad I didn't kiss him.

Once everyone is done, the host speaks up again "saliva has been shared, you've all had a better chance to see where everyone stands i think we're ready for the couple up!"

"The boys are all standing on a heart, and girls it is your job to stand by the boy you want to couple up with" ariana informs "omg!" Hannah says and the girls make other comments. "This could be based off physical attraction, kisses, anything girls...so in 3, 2, 1 go!"

I didn't really know on whose heart to stand on, obviously the most attractive was Rob, but then there was this toxic part of me telling me to stay away from him, then there was Kordell, only because he was the one to say sweet things to me, regardless of me dogging him. I waited till all the girls made their choice, Serena Hannah and Jana were all at Coye's heart, jeez. Then Leah was at Robs...whatever. Kordell and Kendall both had no one on their hearts. Just as i was walking to Kordell, serena switches up and runs on Kordells heart, fuck it im going to Rob.

I felt like an idiot standing on a heart with another girl for the same guy, but it's whatever...poor Kendall though. "Coye and rob both have more than one girl standing on their heart, they must choose the girl who is not picked will stay single." okay fuck, not off to a great start.

Coye ended up choosing Jana, Hannah sat on the seat across from the men. Rob had to choose "uh, the girl im choosing to couple up with is...Leah" of fucking course..im not mad.
"Why did you choose Leah, Rob?" Ariana asked. "I don't know, she's pretty and the kiss was just good" he says with no certain emotion. Fair enough.

"Hannah and Maria, this means you two are now vulnerable, but as you can see Kendall has not chosen yet" She informs us, to be honest i don't think Kendall will choose me and i'm okay with that because i wouldn't have chosen him.

"The girl i've chosen to couple up with is...Hannah"
Whatever.

"Maria, since you were not picked unfortunately this means you and now single and vulnerable" Serena mouths to me "it's okay" i reply to her "it's fine" rob looks at me, i'm not sure what he's thinking but his hands are sure around Leah's waist.