Chapter I: The Arrival

Inside every one us, there exists a dark side. Most people rise above it, but some are consumed by it. Until there is nothing left.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster for when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

November 2 2031

Gotham City was founded sometime in 1724 by a little known architect named William Gotham though some sources seem to discredit this account

Gotham City was founded sometime in 1724 by a little known architect named William Gotham though some sources seem to discredit this account. The city is a very large with approximately twelve million people residing on the islands.

It was eight fifteen a.m. Snow began to fall heavily in the city as there was also some cold wind which made the civilians walk even faster back homes as there were cars driving through the streets while looking at the advertisements on the billboards.

Some civilians along with cars moved past the news billboard which showed two reporters talking about today's news and the weather in the city.

Reporter: Good morning, Gotham. Today, we're reporting on the alarming rise in crime that has been getting even worse for the last eleven years. Crime rates are skyrocketing as the mutants are making the streets of Gotham more dangerous and residents are living in fear. Despite this, the Gotham City Police Department are doing whatever it takes to put an end to the mutants and make Gotham safe again.

Weather Reporter: As for todays weather, there is a chance that there will be a thundersnow happening today and we advise you all to stay at your homes until the storm is over.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Instrumentals Playing]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

[Instrumentals Playing]