Hidden Love

Themes: Angst, heart ache, sad themes

Scenario: (Y/N) and Hyunjin had been dating since 2018, but their relationship has always been kept as secret due to Hyunjin's career and to not create any drama for the other Stray Kids members.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hyunjin had gone live while (Y/N) was cooking dinner with her knowing. As (Y/N) didn't know she calls out to Hyunjin. 

"Babe! Dinner is ready, come eat." (Y/N) called.

Little did she know that upstairs she just caused a bit of commotion. All the Stays had heard her and were flooding the chat. 

'Who is that?' and 'Is that a girl' floods the chat causing Hyunjin to panic and he tries not show it.

"Hush! It's just my cousin who is visiting and no you may not meet her." Hyunjin said.

The chat keeps asking questions as the chat speed increased 'Did anyone else hear the woman call him babe?'

Panicked, Hyunjin grabbed his phone and started texting (Y/N)

Babee- Hey I was live and they heard you.

Honeybee - I am so sorry I didn't know you had planned on going live tonight. 

Hyunjin reads your message and he starts to calm down a bit as the chat continued to spam. He responds with:

Babee - Just text me, I don't want anyone to know about us.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V

I read Hyunjin's text and my heart aches as I realize that this is what my life has become. I am constantly hiding my relationship with Hyunjin. No one knows he has a girlfriend back home waiting for him. I decide against texting him back; now without an appetite I pack up the dinner I cooked. I clean up and write a note for Hyunjin to tell him dinner is in the fridge and that I am going for a walk. 

I pull on a hoodie and a face mask and put my shoes on heading outside for a bit. Feeling the cool autumn breeze on my face. I found myself at the park and I sit there for a while reflecting on my relationship with Hyunjin. We had been teenage sweethearts as we had started dating back in 2018 right when the boys were getting ready to debut. Hyunjin and I had talked about it being beneficial that we hold off on telling anyone about us. 

Now, that it's been 6 years things haven't changed actually they had gotten worse. Now, I feel like a mistress trying to take someone else's boyfriend. Feeling a bit calmer I make my way back to the apartment. I come back in and slip my shoes off when I am greeted by a worried Hyunjin. 

"Where were you?" His voice laced with concern.

"I went for a walk and ended up at the park. I needed sometime...I had to think about somethings." I say.

"I was worried you were gone for a long time." Hyunjin said as he took a step closer to me.

"Sorry."

"No, it's okay.. I just didn't know where you were or if you were safe." He said as he gently touched my arm. 

"I'm okay, buy Hyunjin...I think we should talk about us." I say sadly.

Hyunjin's face shows a flicker of worry when he sighs and nods. 

"Okay, let's talk." He said.

I lead him to the living room and I take a seat on the couch. Hyunjin sits next to me and I look at him giving a soft smile. 

"Hyunjin, I love you with all my heart." I start. 

"I love you too." Hyunjin said as he takes my hand in his. 

"I feel like ever since we started keeping our relationship a secret, things have been different between us. We don't spend as much time together, and it feels like we're always hiding something. It's exhausting." Hyunjin confessed.

I nod listening to him giving Hyunjin the chance to speak his mind.

"And I know that it's important for us to keep it a secret, but sometimes I feel like we're missing out on things that other couples get to experience. we can't go out on dates, we can't hold hands in public, and it's hard to be close when we have to be so careful all the time." Hyunjin said.

"I agree. I've been feeling the same way. I want to be able to be with you and not have to worry about anyone seeing us. I want to be able to kiss you in public, to hold your hand, and to just be able to be a normal couple." I say.

I can see the ache in Hyunjin's heart as I speak about my feelings and how hard it has been to be in a secretive relationship. 

"I want those things too..I want to be able to take you on dates, to show you off to the world, and to just be able to be open about our relationship. But I don't know how to make that happen without risking everything." He replied.

Our emotions are high and raw as we express ourselves. I feel tears swell in my eyes as we sit in silence. 

"Hey, Hey (Y/N) please don't cry." Hyunjin said. His voice becomes soft and comforting.

"I know it's been hard, and I'm sorry for putting you through this, but please don't give up on us." 

________________________________________________________________________________

Continued in Pt. 2