Chapter 13

After crying for what felt like an eternity, YN finally made her way back to her room, clutching the teddy bear close to her chest. She gently placed it on her bed and stared at it for a moment.

YN (to the teddy bear): "So, Mr. Teddy, I’m going to call you Tahir. Now, wait here while I go change into that saree you gave me, okay?"

With a faint smile, she walked to her wardrobe and pulled out the saree Tahir had gifted her. She changed into it slowly, the fabric feeling foreign against her skin as she draped it over herself. Once dressed, she stood in front of the teddy bear, her heart heavy but her mind lost in an imaginary world where Tahir was with her.

 Once dressed, she stood in front of the teddy bear, her heart heavy but her mind lost in an imaginary world where Tahir was with her

YN (softly, as if asking Tahir): "How do I look, Tahir?"

She closed her eyes, imagining his voice.

“Beautiful, YN. So, so beautiful. I have no words to describe it.”

She let out a shaky breath, clutching the edge of the saree. For a moment, she allowed herself to feel good, to imagine a world where she was loved and cherished. But the sound of footsteps approaching shattered her thoughts.

YN (whispering): "Yash..."

Yash stumbled into the kitchen, reeking of alcohol, his eyes bloodshot. He staggered towards YN with an unsettling grin, clearly intoxicated.

Yash: "What’s going on, huh? You look... too happy. Let me give you more happiness."

Before she could react, Yash grabbed her arm, pulling her roughly toward him. YN struggled, pushing him away with all her strength.

YN (panicked): "Yash, let go of me!"

Angered by her resistance, Yash slapped her hard across the face, his voice slurring.

Yash (in a drunken voice): "What’s the matter? You think you can be happy without me? I’ll show you happiness. Come with me!"

His grip tightened as he dragged her toward his room, ignoring her screams and protests. YN tried to break free, her heart pounding in terror.

YN (crying out): "Yash, please! Let me go!"

Yash’s response was to yank her hair, pulling her closer as she cried out in pain. He pushed her onto the bed, his drunken aggression taking over as he tried to kiss her, his breath hot and sour against her skin.

Yash: "Why are you fighting? Don’t you want happiness?"

Desperate and terrified, YN struggled to push him away, but Yash’s anger only grew. He tore at her blouse, ripping the fabric, and in that moment, something inside YN snapped.

In a surge of rage and desperation, she grabbed the nearest thing she could find—a flower pot on the bedside table—and smashed it against Yash’s head.

Yash (groaning): "Aah..."

He collapsed onto the floor, unconscious.

Breathing heavily, YN stared at him, her hands trembling. She quickly wrapped herself in a bedsheet, covering her torn clothes, and fled to her room. Locking the door behind her, she collapsed onto the floor, her body wracked with sobs. She had never felt so violated, so disgusted.

She got up and looked in the mirror, her reflection barely recognizable through her tears. Disgusted, she ripped off the saree, unable to stand the sight of herself. She rushed to the bathroom, turning on the shower, the water scalding hot as it washed over her skin. But no matter how much she scrubbed, she couldn’t rid herself of the feeling of Yash’s hands on her.

After what felt like hours, she stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in a bedsheet. Exhausted, she climbed into bed, her body shivering. She pulled the teddy bear close, holding it tightly against her chest.

YN (whispering to the teddy bear): "I thought you were different, Tahir. But maybe all men are the same... just like Yash. All they care about is their own lust."

She tossed the teddy bear aside, trying to block out the thoughts swirling in her mind. But after a few moments, she couldn’t bear the loneliness. She reached for the bear again, hugging it tightly.

Within minutes, exhaustion finally overtook her, and she drifted into a restless sleep, her tears still wet on her cheeks.

Bye.......................