Intro

Happy Reading :)

22-Year-Old Lexi Lexi Martin's life hasn't always been so good. Growing up, her life seemed perfect on the outside,  wealthy parents, a smart older brother, and a big house. In reality, her parents live across the country, her brother is never home, and being left alone in her house is her biggest fear.

Luckily, her best friend Lydia Tonelli and her big Italian family were always there for her. Lydia's six overprotective brothers became Lexi's makeshift family. Melvin, Lydia's older brother, has always held a special place in Lexi's heart. But a traumatic event one night brings them careening toward eachother, deepening their bond.

At 13, Lexi's fears become reality when a string of local robberies hits too close to home. Terrified and alone, she reaches out to Melvin, the only person who she knows, without a doubt, will answer.

That night she learned that the Tonellis are not your average family. And Felix Tonelli, the oldest of the siblings, is not your average brother.

Melvin is everything to her. A protector, a friend, and someone she adores deeply. The lines of their relationship blur when feelings become involved. Their relationship is filled with jealousy, possessiveness, and protectiveness. He spends almost every night with her to make sure she's safe. Melvin gave her the comfort and stability she'd always craved.

At 16, Lydia found out about the relationship between her best friend and her brother, creating a rift in their friendship.

At 18, Lexi's only friend went away for college, and went no contact with her and the entire family. It feels like Lexi's sense of self goes with her.

Lexi realizes that all these years she's been relying on Melvin for safety, guidance, and to tell her who she is. She decides to take her life into her own hands, finding her independence, and thus herself. She breaks things off with Melvin, goes to nursing school, makes new friends, and has new experiences.

Though Melvin lingers in her thoughts, she is determined to establish her own identity.

Lexi is drawn back into the Tonelli world when Lydia returns, hoping to rekindle their friendship. Just as things seem to be mending, Lexi finds herself caught in the middle of a blood feud.

The Tonelli family business has reared its ugly head, and she and Lydia are the collateral damage. But Lexi won't accept that. Will Melvin come to her rescue? Or will she find the strength to save herself?

Will be updated once a week on Fridays.

This story is a spinoff from the Life of a little sister series, can be read as a standalone, but if you wanna get the full experience I highly recommend you read LOALS first :))))

Love,
Anna <3