Nightmares

A loud crack of thunder echoed through the halls of TARDIS, waking Clara from her slumber. She sat up straight in bed, looking around the room frantically. It took her a few seconds to realize she was not in her own room, but judging by the familiar deep blue bedding, she was on the TARDIS. She was puzzled as to why she was sleeping here instead of in her home near Coal Hill School. To make matters worse, she was teaching tommorrow. She heard another boom from the storm outside. God, how she hated thunder.

Then it all came back to her.

Clara's weekly adventure with The Doctor had gone wrong, as usual. Everything turned out fine, it's just that, when you plan a trip to New York, you do not expect the cell phones to start taking control over the people. Then again, everything is unexpected when traveling with The Doctor. After a long day of figuring out ways to mass-reset the phones, they were both exhausted. Usually, after an adventure like this, The Doctor will talk endless nonsense about it, summarizing what happened, almost as if he is trying to relive the moment once more. This time, however, he was too tired to talk. Clara remembered him saying in a tired voice, "2:00 a.m. Time to get you home." She couldn't remember what happened after that.

Clara yelped as another loud clap of thunder interrupted her thoughts.

She cupped her hands over her mouth instantly, then heard a faint thumping. That's when he burst in. Clara's best friend, The Doctor.

"Clara! Are you alright?" The Doctor said in a distressed tone.

The Doctor saw Clara trembling in the dim light that came from outside the door.
"Wh-what's wrong? Did you see something?" He asked, worried.
"No it's just... I really don't like thunder!" She gave another tiny yelp as the storm boomed once more.

The Doctor saw how stressed she was, so he went over and sat on the edge of the bed next to her, putting his hand on her shoulder.
"It's alright, Clara," he whispered, "It's just the storm. Nothing's going to hurt you."

She jumped as another crack came from the skies. He awkwardly put his arm around her, but she instantly felt better. Clara rested her head on The Doctor's shoulder, dozing off after a while, when another clap echoed around the room. She suddenly wrapped her arms around him in a full on hug. The Doctor was surprised, but quickly caught on. He held the hug for a while longer, letting the moment stay. He kissed her forehead as she sighed softly. The fear had passed, and Clara was calm again. They sat there, on the edge of the bed, not speaking, just feeling for what seemed like ages. It was wonderful.

"One question, Doctor," Clara said suddenly, startling him, "How did I get here?"
The Doctor laughed, remembering the scene. "Well you fell asleep on the TARDIS console, so I carried you into the guest bedroom," He replied. "I didn't want to wake you."
Clara giggled. She couldn't believe how much he actually cares about her. Just the mention of that little act of kindness made her feel loved.

"I guess it's time to sleep, then," The Doctor said as he slowly stood up from the edge of the bed. He started walking to the door.
"No... Please stay," Clara whispered.
Without a word, he turned around and scooped her up in his arms, laying her on the bed. He laid down next to her, getting comfortable, when Clara's small hand grabbed his. He took it and gave her a little kiss on her palm
"Clara, my Clara. My impossible girl," he said, squeezing her hand.
They snuggled together for a moment, Clara's head resting on his chest.
"I love you," she said softly.
"My beautiful Clara," he whispered, and they both fell asleep.